holga to yashica mat 124 g

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by DrewC, May 10, 2007.

1. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    well, i really like the Medium format so far, but believe it or not i'm looking for something more civilized, what do you guys think of the yashica mat? a lot of people seem to love it, and i dont see why not at this point.

that might be my summer camera instead of the d200 so i can buy my motorcycle!

-drew

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Tlr cameras are a blast! Every Yashica I've seen works well. Many of them also shoot 35mm film.

3. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

I've heard they are pretty good, especially for starting out with. I'm in the same place that you are in...I just got my first "civilized" medium format camera...a Mamiya C220.

4. I'll give the rationale I used to buy a Yashica 124G. Since my main activities are with 35mm & digital, I did not want to put myself in the position that for medium format, I would have to buy a camera "system" i.e. body/lenses/finders/backs etc. This would be a horrendously expensive move. So, I opted for a simple TLR that does not have all those accessories that most of us regard necessary when shooting an SLR. So now I can dabble in medium format at a fraction of the cost... PS the 124G accommodates both 120 and 220 film.

5. TechPan

TechPan

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    What bike?

I have been looking at getting another....after my Honda CB750 K2 was totaled.

6. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    believe it or not... a ninja 250... or 500(maybe) it'll be mostly for scootin around a 5 mile radius so i dont need much... i've also been lookin at the zx-6's