Holiday Kit?

I am going of on my jollys in a couple of weeks, touring round Europe mainly driving in the alps so lots of landscape ops also will be visiting Pisa and Maranello so some building and car shots. Haven't got masses of room but won't have to physically carry all the gear round at once, haven't got space for either a tripod or monopod though :(

So what lenses would people suggest? I was thinking of getting a sigma 10-20 and 30 f1.4 to compliment the 10 mm fisheye. Would you take anything with more reach and if so how much? Body is a D80

tia

A 55-200 VR is an inexpensive and lightweight lens. It's got enough reach for what you'll find in the cities, and it's capable of delivering great images.

Andrew -

The 10-20 will be great for those wide vistas in the Alps, and your 30/1.4 will be excellent for interior low-light shots. Without room for a tripod, I'd say throw your 18-55 VR in the bag and you'll be fine - if cramped for room, that would be the one I'd leave behind.

My guess is that most of your opportunities for shots won't need anything longer.

As far as the fisheye goes . . . I'll offer that, despite having seen some exceptional shots from it around these parts, for me it is an acquired taste sort of like oysters, tofu and broccoli, all of which I enjoy but aren't on my menu everyday :smile:

Sounds like a great trip!

Eric

Thanks for the replies folks. So long as the weather holds up the trip will be awesome and I look forward to boring you all in the near future :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom