Holland America Line`s new ship Eurodam

This early sundaymorning Holland America Line latest ship Eurodam arrived in here hometown Rotterdam.
_DSC2902.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 219349
make a 180 turn in the Waalhaven

View attachment 219350

View attachment 219351

View attachment 219352

View attachment 219353

View attachment 219354

Wow! That thing is huge! It's like a floating high rise building. I wouldn't want to keep that monster on course with a strong cross wind. Neat captures and thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

Wow Rob, what magnificent images!
How things have changed - both the ships and the Wilhelminakade - from when I was a kid.
It used to be a great sight to see both the "Rotterdam" and the "Nieuw Amsterdam" in port at the same time.
Nice to see that the old HAL main office building is still standing - a bit of nostalgia...

Groet,

Frits.
The HAL building is nowadays Hotel New York.a nice hotel-restaurant with the grandeur of the `old days` When i may believe my sister, it even have its own ghost.The SS Rotterdam is bount to be back in Rotterdam hopefully in september this year.It find its place in the Maashaven at the other side of the maastunnel. Serving as hotel and conferrence centre.
_DSC2951.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It comes where Hanno used to be ( on the left )
I dont know when you left Rotjeknor,but indeed things have changed.I think you get lost when visit the Whilhelminakade area

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know when you left Rotjeknor,but indeed things have changed.
:smile: I never lived there Rob, but visited often.
I was born and raised in Leiden.
I met a Canadian girl, packed up and moved here in 1971 at age 23 (crazy how easy life is at that age :smile:).
I do get back frequently, especially to visit with my brothers and sisters.

That ship is amazing. How many years does it take to build such a thing? How often does it sail and where does it go?

For what i know it took two year to build.Its 275 meter long.36 meter wide.56 meter above water.Rotterdan wil be here home port,and it makes trips in the European theatre from Norway to North Italy.Compared to some caraibian cruisers its a small ship,But in the Holland America Line its there biggest ship.
BTW
She left Rotterdam one hour ago on here maiden trip to Norway.

It looks far bigger than that in the photos. I'd have guessed half as big as an aircraft carrier.

Latest threads

Top Bottom