Hollyhocks

Soft Spring like pink hollyhocks linger into Fall in a garden at Canada College in Redwood City, California. Shot with the D70 and Tamron 28-105mm f/2.8.

Virginia
aka beaucamera
ihollyhocks_1750.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The colors and composition are very good, here the flowers are really going away specially since we got frost during the night.

viewfinder said:
Nice soft image Virginia, I like the subtle pink.

Is that radial blur effect or just movement in the background?

Regards,
Jonathan

What a sharp eye you have Jonathan! This image was the synthesis of two. The top layer with the flower on the right has a radial blur effect. I've been experimenting with different blur effects: lens, motion and radial. Your eye is right on!

Virginia
aka beaucamera

P.S. Thanks Gilles, Viewfinder and Terri. In the Fall with lots of bright colors, it's fun to find some thing soft and subtle to add to the potpouri.

Lovely shot, Virginia. The soft pink is a nice change from the autumn colors I'm seeing start to emerge these days. Thanks for sharing.

beaucamera said:
What a sharp eye you have Jonathan! This image was the synthesis of two. The top layer with the flower on the right has a radial blur effect. I've been experimenting with different blur effects: lens, motion and radial.

I was already wondering if you could manage to leave a pic completely untreated :smile: , but it is really wonderful.
Cheers

Latest threads

Top Bottom