Hollywood loves Nikon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barriosa, May 5, 2007.

1. I caught Spiderman 3 this morning. Not only was it a great movie but if you keep a look out you’ll see tons of Nikons being using in the movie, but not one Cannon as far as I could tell. Peter Parker and his competition, Eddie Brock, both used them; as did every sideline reporter in the movie.

Hollywood must love Nikon. Either that or they paid a boatload of money for product placement.

2. Blair

Blair

Jul 28, 2006
    Oregon
    there ya go.

3. Surely the last part. Apple does the same thing, almost every movie with a computer includes a Mac :wink:

4. Hey almost any scene that calls for a Laptop displays a Mac!!

Ever notice all the CSI shows use Nikons?

5. In the first Spiderman, Peter Parker used a Canon though...

...I guess he got wiser :Crunk:

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    And America's Home Makeover uses a Power Book (mac).

7. It's what;'s called "Product Placement"... brands pay to have their products in the movie. If you remember The Truman Show, you know all about it.

8. As does NCIS.

9. I remember reading somewhere that there is a special reason govn't (including law enforcement) use Nikons.

10. Strangely enough the military uses Canon

11. I remember when I was in the AF it was stickly Nikon but I couldn't say what they are using now, but I think you're right.

12. When I was a Navy Fighter Pilot we used a 35mm camera to photograph 3rd country shipping in Haiphong harbor. I don't recall the brand, but the camera was from one of the Iron Curtain countries. We all got a good laugh out of that since much of the shipping there was also from the Iron Curtain.

13. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Last year when I went to see the thunderbirds, their photog was definetly using nikon out on the flight line (actually 2, it looked like he had a 300 and 500 attached to what appeared to be d2h's)

14. jaymc

jaymc Guest

From an early scene of the first movie. Is this a Canon? I can't tell ... :confused:

[​IMG]

- Jay

15. jaymc

jaymc Guest

16. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    Yeah, thats a Canon F-1.

17. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Not quite, most use Nikon.

18. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Or perhaps was paid more to use a Nikon.... :) Ah, the marketing saga continues. I just love it.

19. Product placement or not it is just pretty cool seeing all those Nikons at use on the sidelines even if it was strictly fiction.

20. ..but somehow the shutter click doesn't sound like how it should, and the SU-800 commander unit can act as flash :)