holster or sling input?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Ridebyshootings, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Hello, i like to carry my D200 around my neck when shooting motorcycle events. What type of holster, sling or other are you using and why? Im looking for something to hold my camera in place against my chest but easy to unhook for shooting. I usualyy use my 28-300 zoom lens so extra storage is not needed. Any ideas what to look for? thanks in advance for your input. Drew at CBN magazine.

2. Mike S

Mike S

Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for but it's worth a look. I have one and I love it. My old strap put so much weight on my neck and my lens stuck way out in front. The black rapid is very comfortable and the camera is out of the way for the most part although it can move around a bit when walking so I always keep my hand on it.

http://www.blackrapid.com/video.php?id=1

3. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Think Tank Pro Speed belt and Pixel Racing harness. Choose the pouches/accessories you need for your belt and attach the camera to the harness chest straps. The system was designed specifically for the scenarios you describe.

Good stuff, Maynard :)

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/index.html

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I just purchased the Think Tank padded speed belt and pouches for my 28-70mm, 70-200mm, SB800 and a general purpose bag for miscellaneous supplies. The quality of the products is exceptional and the convenience of having the gear I need within reach makes this purchase worthwhile.

5. I've been using the Kata H-14 Holster for my D200 with the 18-200 VR lens and my SB600 fits neatly in one side pocket and either a second one or my SB-800 fits in the other. Extremely well protected and quite comfortable. Comes with a waterproof rain=cover. They're coming out with an H-16 which is a bit bigger.

Bruce

6. Like the others above, I like the Think Tank belt system also. I also use the Digital Holster, alot! The Think Tank Digital Holster 40 carries my D300 with MBD attached, along with my 18-200 lens. It works great.

7. Ohhh, I like that. Thanks for the link. Never heard of it. And hey, he's a Nikon shooter too...

8. thank you all. anyone else what are you using?
    Drew at CBN magazine