1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Holy crop Batman!

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Hockey_Nut, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Hey Guys,

Shot my daughter's soccer game again last night and took some shots of one of her friends who was playing goalie. I took this while sitting about 10 feet behind the goal line at the OTHER end of the field using my D300 & 300 2.8. This was on a mini field but still, she was pretty far away.

[​IMG]

And the crop ... no sharpening, just a bit of saturation adding & resized for the web.

[​IMG]

I'm blown away by the quality of this lens ... soooo happy I bought it.

Sorry for the mundane post but I just thought I'd share my enthusiasm.

Take care,
    Brent

2. yup,... cant argue with the 300/300 combo ! Now you oughto add in the 1.4 tele, & really be blown away. Only in bright light though, like your shots.

3. raygun

raygun

Nov 17, 2007
    USA
    Just used my 300/300 combo yesterday for the first time on an athlete. I can't wait for soccer season to start! Clear shot you got!

4. That 300 f/2.8 is a good one, but don't be afraid to use it in any light. I find I get better results in flat light than full, even w/ the 1.4x tele, YMMV

5. 3413775060_c67b393161_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D300 with 300 2.8, with 1.4 added. Was cropped a bit, but could have definitely pushed it a lot more.

6. Very nice shots Brent! Im getting my D300 very soon. Just another couple paychecks. Too bad i dont have enough money for that lens, I would love one, but i think im gonna end up with a 300mm f/4 sooner or later. . .

7. Hey Guys,

This is my go-to lens and I've used it in pretty much all kinds of lighting. Used it today at an equestrian event but it was too long for some of the jumping stations/hurdles :frown: so I had to "settle" for my 70-200 instead. At some point I'm going to get the 1.4 tc too.

Gotta love this lens.

Take care,
    Brent

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.