Holy crop Batman!

Hey Guys,

Shot my daughter's soccer game again last night and took some shots of one of her friends who was playing goalie. I took this while sitting about 10 feet behind the goal line at the OTHER end of the field using my D300 & 300 2.8. This was on a mini field but still, she was pretty far away.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And the crop ... no sharpening, just a bit of saturation adding & resized for the web.

I'm blown away by the quality of this lens ... soooo happy I bought it.

Sorry for the mundane post but I just thought I'd share my enthusiasm.

Take care,
Brent

yup,... cant argue with the 300/300 combo ! Now you oughto add in the 1.4 tele, & really be blown away. Only in bright light though, like your shots.

Just used my 300/300 combo yesterday for the first time on an athlete. I can't wait for soccer season to start! Clear shot you got!

That 300 f/2.8 is a good one, but don't be afraid to use it in any light. I find I get better results in flat light than full, even w/ the 1.4x tele, YMMV

D300 with 300 2.8, with 1.4 added. Was cropped a bit, but could have definitely pushed it a lot more.

Very nice shots Brent! Im getting my D300 very soon. Just another couple paychecks. Too bad i dont have enough money for that lens, I would love one, but i think im gonna end up with a 300mm f/4 sooner or later. . .

Hey Guys,

This is my go-to lens and I've used it in pretty much all kinds of lighting. Used it today at an equestrian event but it was too long for some of the jumping stations/hurdles :frown: so I had to "settle" for my 70-200 instead. At some point I'm going to get the 1.4 tc too.

Gotta love this lens.

Take care,
Brent

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom