Holy Dust balls nikon!!!

So apparntly my D7000 sensor is just covered in dust.
In the year i have had the camera i have changed the lens outside 2-3x and never in a area of dust or wind. It is all over and really concentrated on the left. I have ran the sensor cleaner 10x in a row and does not help. And it is set to clean every time i turn off camera.
Should i send this in or try to clean my self?

9111669687_1b66ba889f_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dust (1 of 1) by aiwa1028, on Flickr

Use a rocket blower first, quite often that takes care of the problem. In fact my D7000 is about a year old now and I've changed lenses hundreds of times in all sorts of conditions, but slightly to my surprise I've never had any dust problems I couldn't fix with a blower.

A few days ago I've got my D3's sensor cleaned. The guy who cleaned it told me he hadn't seen a sensor that dirty very often:biggrin:

But now it's spick and span again ... ready to rock 'n' roll for a month or two:smile:

I clean it myself with the Giotto rocket blower every now and then, it does a great job for me but when the Giotto doesn't do the trick anymore I have it cleaned.

Kind Regards

I thought I had the issue when I was out on Friday. I got stuck in the rain, I wiped the drops off the ND filter I had on the lens, and left some dust behind. It looked exactly like the sensor was dirty. I was relieved to see it was on the filter and not the sensor.

A few days ago I've got my D3's sensor cleaned. The guy who cleaned it told me he hadn't seen a sensor that dirty very often:biggrin:

But now it's spick and span again ... ready to rock 'n' roll for a month or two:smile:

I clean it myself with the Giotto rocket blower every now and then, it does a great job for me but when the Giotto doesn't do the trick anymore I have it cleaned.

Kind Regards

How much it cost you to have it cleaned?

I thought I had the issue when I was out on Friday. I got stuck in the rain, I wiped the drops off the ND filter I had on the lens, and left some dust behind. It looked exactly like the sensor was dirty. I was relieved to see it was on the filter and not the sensor.

I wish i could say it was not on the sensor but it shows up in the same place on my 70-200 and my 50.

Learn how to clean your sensor- as stated above it is part of digital shooting.
You can get it cleaned- it might stay clean for a year or might look worse tomorrow.
Blower works great most of the time, if not a wet cleaning is needed. It is not rocket science. You are not cleaning your sensor, you are cleaning a piece of glass/filter that is over your sensor. I use the copperhill method, but there are lots of methods and products out there.
Gary

I wish i could say it was not on the sensor but it shows up in the same place on my 70-200 and my 50.

here is my example. the stuff was in the spot you would expect the sensor contaminate.

smear_zps4e54b86d.png~original
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've had my D7000 for a couple of years now and it always does that. More probable is that those are oil spots from mechanism. Learn how to clean them yourself cos you'll be doing that more than often on your D7000, I know I do!
I bought my cleaning kit from Copper Hill Images.
Hope it helps :)

That's a lot. Try a blower or wet clean kit. Or you could just use Photo Shop to get rid of the spots, take's about a couple minutes.

So apparntly my D7000 sensor is just covered in dust.
In the year i have had the camera i have changed the lens outside 2-3x and never in a area of dust or wind. It is all over and really concentrated on the left. I have ran the sensor cleaner 10x in a row and does not help. And it is set to clean every time i turn off camera.
Should i send this in or try to clean my self?

[URL]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7322/9111669687_1b66ba889f_o.jpg[/url]
Dust (1 of 1) by aiwa1028, on Flickr

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom