1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Holy Fire, CA

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by plugsnpixels, Aug 11, 2018.

1. plugsnpixels

plugsnpixels

Oct 5, 2008
    LA area
    Holy Fire as seen from Fullerton CA a couple days ago. Six floors up in an office building.

From ABC: "The smoke from the California wildfires has not only been impacting the West Coast. Incredibly enough, it has reached New York City -- 3,000 miles away."

01firestart1. 03firelater. 04firepano. 05firehaze.

2. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    Nice shot, that first one is very dramatic. We don't need any smoke from your fires, we've got more than enough of our own.

3. plugsnpixels

plugsnpixels

Oct 5, 2008
    LA area
    Thanks Rick, that was early on (I noticed it while driving in to work). You can see by later the same day it turned to mush.

So how's life in N Idaho? That's one option for life after LA ;-)

4. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    It’s ok here but we do have a lot of smoke off and on. I should mention at it’s worst it’s a lot better than where you are. We’ve got 6 or 7 small fires burning around here (Sandpoint, about 45 miles from the border), I think a few in Canada are contributing to the smoke. Come on up, I’d be happy to show you around this area. Lots of people from California here, the small street I live on has 9 houses. Eight of them are occupied by Calif escapees...and from what I hear. they’re still coming.

5. plugsnpixels

plugsnpixels

Oct 5, 2008
    LA area
    ID is always listed as one of those top retirement destinations! At least CA people are used to the summer heat and fires ;-)

6. plugsnpixels

plugsnpixels

Oct 5, 2008
    LA area
    Not even a year ago (October 2017) I took similar photos of a large fire in the same mountains.

fire4.

fire1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.