Holyoke Blue Sox - a Pitcher Portfolio

Time for one of my annual checki-ins with a few baseball shots of the New England College Baseball League in action. I've been very distracted this summer by family events, and had to wait a bit to familiarize myself with the D7000 following sale of my D300. But i did get some shooting in the other day and am pretty pleased with the shots/new camera in combination with my 80-200 two-touch and Kenko Pro 300 1.4x. There wasn't a huge amount of close action as the game was a bit of a rout -- Holyoke winning, of course. But lots of Blue Sox pitcher shots.... so that is what is here.

#1 - Jonathan Papelbon, anybody? A sure look-alike. Pitched well in an inning of relief, too.

Nikon D7000 ,Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF 1/800s f/5.6 at 200.0mm iso320
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - The prettiest face on the roster....but also the one with he most varied "looks" while pitching. Closed out the last two innings flawlessly.

Nikon D7000 ,Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF 1/5000s f/4.0 at 200.0mm iso800
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

#7, 8 - Funny looking fellow, rubber arm. The only reliiever to allow runs (3) and get no outs (0). All in beginning of seventh inning. To the showers!!

Nikon D7000 ,Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF 1/1000s f/5.6 at 200.0mm iso320
original.jpg

original.gif

#9, 10, 11 - The starting pitcher, pitched six scoreless innings allowing only three hits. But I think he scared them to death with his sneer/scowl.

Nikon D7000 ,Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF 1/1000s f/5.6 at 200.0mm iso320
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Well, that may be all the pitching shots for this season. At most I'll probably shoot just one more game. But for those of you out there that might be wondering...the D7000 did a wonderful job with my old 80-200 two-ring....and probably handled it better than the D300 did. Surprised me.

Hope you found something here to like. Let me know what works, and what doesn't, in your opinion.

Harry,

I like all of the photo in this set. I really like the position of the baseball in the frame in #6 and #7. Excellent work.

Thanks, Glenn. I try very hard to get balls well positioned. Those two do work very well.

nice set Harry, didn't realize you had gotten a D7000. The IQ (contrast) in #5 is very good.

I see what you mean, Chris. Probably just a bit more than the others.

#6 is the best of the bunch good luck with your new gear

Thanks, Mike. My favorite as well.

Thanks to all three of you for your comments.

Latest threads

Top Bottom