1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Home Depot is a Hit!! (Warning only snapshots!!)

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Aug 13, 2008.

1. My daughter, Amber, and her husband, Jason met in the plumbing isle while working at Home Depot during their college years. So, Home Depot is important to their family. Now my daughter Melissa is working there for the summer. She was able to get the boys some aprons from the child clinic.

They came over today, and I gave them the aprons. Then I followed them around with my new lens, the 35 f2. When all three of them are together it's total mayhem!! Little boys are so different from the little girls I raised--fun but so full of energy and curiosity....

Trying to get a photo of all of them together with the aprons on was an impossibility.

Believe it or not--this one was the best.

BTW, I'm not complaining--I adore these boys.

original.

Have a rotten apple, grandma

View attachment 239022

Lets play with the TV remotes--always a favorite activity.

View attachment 239023

Grandma's home decorations are fun to build with

View attachment 239024

Sitting still only lasts a second

View attachment 239025

Jaden thinks the apron is pretty neat!!

View attachment 239026

2. These are too cute! Kids' imaginations are so wild and fun(ny).

3. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Terri these are great. I don't know how every shot you take looks like it was from a studio. You are quite talented.

4. those are great
    terri... awesome

ah... HOME DEPOT
    i MUST keep OUT of that store.... or i'll NEVER be able to afford MY LENS LUST... :eek: ... :biggrin:

5. well put, kurt
    EXACTLY

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Ah...yes, Home Depot! When Ryan was 2, we went to a local Octoberfest and Home Depot had a booth set up with crafts for kids. Ryan and I made a little wooden stool together and he got an apron. For the two years after that, Ryan actually insisted on being the Home Depot Man for Halloween!!!! Hey, I wasn't complaining...he had the cutest costume and it was FREE!!! :wink:

Jaden looks like he is ready to start working...he's growing up so fast. Brigham and Brighton are just the cutest little chunks aren't they! It's so nice to see how happy and healthy they are after the rough start to life that they had.

Hugs to you and your family, Terri!

7. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I love these! I wish I could take as good candids as you can. Hey, it's okay to complain sometimes, it never changes the love we feel for our kids. My favorite is the first one, all 3 looking completely different!

8. Just what I was thinking. Having beautiful children around helps too...:wink:

9. Love these, snapshots or not. Reality makes for the most interesting phots, IMO.

10. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Your images are always so sharp and clean, Terri! :smile:

11. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Ha ha too cute - we LOVE Home Depot here too.

12. I got a kick out of these Terri. My daughter and her three girls are over here a lot and they are into every thing. The aprons are cute.

13. Yes, kids are great. I had four girls, so these boys are a new thing for me!! They are different, that's for sure.

Thank you. I feel like I have so much more to learn.

I know--we are remodeling our kitchen and I just blew the budget buy purchasing 2 new lenses. Oh well, the new countertops will just have to wait a while longer. Having the best lenses possible to take photos of this new grandson who will be born soon is more important to me.

14. Thanks, Greg.

15. Yep, that's what Melissa did. We had a big street fest in our town last weekend and Home Depot set up a booth to help kids make stools. They did 1500 in one day!! It's fun that Ryan loved that experience so much. I bet he made a great Home Depot man!!

Amber said that Jaden hasn't taken off his apron since he got it yesterday. He even wore it to bed. Hope she got a photo of that!!

Brigham and Brighton are darling little guys. They are like two little tanks toddling around destroying everything in their path. They make me smile. Who would have thought that they would look like this now!! They couldn't have been those sick little babies in the NICU.

16. Yes, the love for our kids never changes, even when they are adults. As far as candids, the only way I can take photos of these boys is to take candids. Jaden did sit by his grandpa and smile for the ones I posted of him earlier in the week, and I just about fainted when he did it!! They don't want to sit still to have a photo taken. It's always just busy, busy, busy, exploring something or other.

Jaden will sit still to watch TV or hear a story, but the twins are always on the move.

Thanks so much. I think they are beautiful. But all grandma's think that about their grandkids.

I agree. Since I am not in this for the money, I'm in it to record my life. I want to remember what these kids did and how they looked. I'm terrible about keeping a journal, so this is my journal.

17. Thanks so much. They probably aren't any sharper than anyone elses. I just resharpen them after resizing for the web.

Home Depot and Sam's Club--our favorite stores--now if we just could get a Costco here.......

So you know what it's like. Total chaos, but we love every minute of it, don't we!!

18. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Very nice shots Terri!

It's curious cos there's a belief here in Blighty that a DIY (Honey-do [thanks Sen]) store is a good place to meet the opposite sex.

I guess it's true?

:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.