Home From The Hospital

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfenton, Oct 6, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    And in withdrawal from not being out shooting!

The diverticulitis flared up again and I landed in the hospital on three different IV antibiotics for 5 days. I swear the drugs made me feel just as bad as the ailment itself.

On top of that, it was the nicest early fall weather that one could ask for...but even worse that all of this.....I was unable to attend the Ron Reznick session up in NH this week :(

2. Jim
    Glad to hear your home sorry to hear about your ailment. I know what those antibiotics can do to a person. Hey there will plenty more fall days to shoot, without your health there is no shooting, god speed to a quick recovery
    -Mike

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Bummer Jim, but it's good to hear that you are out of the hosp! They operated on me for that when I was 6, which was way before they knew what they were doing. (I think anesthesia had just been invented, and the germ theory of disease was still 'just a theory' :wink:)

Best wishes for your speedy recovery.

4. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Jim, I can feel for you. I had very bad diverticulitis about six years ago and finally ended up getting a colon resection. :frown:
    Watch your diet and hang in there because you don't want to go the surgery route.

5. Jim
    did not know you were having any problems. Sure hope all is well. I know you spent a lot of time and effort in order to go to RR's session. just hopw you are fine and back shooting shortly.
    Dave

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Didn't know about it.....glad you're doing better. This you need to watch!

I only had one diverticulitis episode, 5 years ago, but it burst and I had peritonitis, nearly died (5 days on a ventilator), spent 30 days in hospital with nothing by mouth, etc., colostomy - reversed 9 months later......

So, if yours comes back consider elective surgery to remove that area affected!

Good luck....

8. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Ken

Had they offered me surgery last Thursday with the pain I was in, I would have been more than happy to let them do it!

Fortunately....no perforations...just an abscess and some other inflammation but the drug cocktail they gave me seems to be working...although it makes me fell reeeaaaallllllllllyyyyyy spacy and yucky.

9. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Jim - sorry to hear about your ailment and hospitalization. Glad you're feeling better and getting back to the things you enjoy. Take good care of yourself!

10. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Jim :

Get better, old bean ! I'm hoping to see you out in the Land of Enchantment sometime. :biggrin:

And in deference to your ill state (and I don't refer to Taxacheusetts here), I'll step back from replying to the incredible straight line you offered.

Just this once, though. :tongue:

Keep getting better.

John P.

11. Not to worry, Ron will do more seminars, there will be more autumn days but there's only one you!! (or so the forum hopes! :wink:) Take care of your health, rest and repair and get lots of fibre once you're better - go gnaw on some branches or something. Enjoy the medicinal high while you have to - back to reality sooner than you think! Have a nap for me while you're at it... I cd use some ZZZZZZZZZ's....

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Take care Jim, and get well soon.
    I was a wondering where you were. You were missed.

13. I'm sorry to hear that and I'm all with you. Rest, eat well, take your yucky medecine, and shoot as soon as you can, for photography is the real cure.

14. I thought I had missed your wonderful work. Just get well as soon as you can so that you can return to the fold.

By the way, did you ever get to go for a walk on that elderly lady's private piece of land?

Best wishes. Bob F.

15. I have missed you and your fine photography Jim. I am happy that you are on the mend. It's the pits to out of commission like that. Hope all goes well for a speedy recovery.

16. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

They won't operate while there is infection unless it is an emergency, as mine was....but if you have recurrent episodes, then it may be suggested for you to have elective surgery during a period when there is no infection. Then it is a "relatively simple" procedure, taking out the section that has the diverticuli.

17. Jim, sorry to hear you missed the shoot with Ron and have been feeling under the weather. Hope you'll be feeling better soon..and yes, there will be more good fall days to find pictures to brighten up our screens.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

18. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Jim and welcome back from the hospital. Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery.

19. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hey John

Thanks Pal...I owe ya :)

20. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Holy Cow Folks

I am humbled...I really am humbled.

You folks are the absolute best friends a person could ever hope to have :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2005