1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Home run Derby

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Jul 1, 2007.

1. I shot a tournament yesterday and at noon between the 4 time slots they held a home run derby for the 9u kids. They had a blast and thought it was so cool. The players were slightly back lit and from the right side makign exposure a little tricky.
    All shots with the D2X and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele and shot from the outfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jees Mike, these are stunning, I'm compltely in awe of anyone who can produce images such as these. Wonderful !

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Anyone hit one:) ))
    Great shots and faces

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are so cool Mike, I'm not sure how much you had to crop, but these are really good. Capturing the concentration is priceless.

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I'm with Anthony on this one....

Stunning!

Mike you have set the bar high, and seem to keep raising it. That's ok...it helps all of us strive to deliver better images. In turn, we become better photographers.

6. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Mike these are really great....Such fun shots...The kids will love them..Not to
    mention the parents ...

Top notch work as usual...

7. jjohnsey

jjohnsey

Apr 6, 2007
    Jasper, AL
    Ho Humm.....:smile: Another great set of pics from the master! Those are cool shots and your parents must be thrilled. You certainly give us something to strive for.

8. Thanks Galey

9. Frank most of these except for two are full frame shots thanks for lookign and commenting

10. Thanks so much Jeff this was a fun event to shoot for sure

11. Thanks again Rod it was so much fun to shoot

12. Well, as always, I think the photog hit some HR's with these shots too :smile:

Awesome stuff Mike!

13. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Man....your work is truly amazing....nice shots Mike....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.