Homeland coverage

A few pics from the area where I grew up. Although I live in Vienna now, I still go to the country-side each weekend. The landscape is not very spectacular but it grows on you when you spend some time there. Characteristic are the rolling hills interspersed with patches of forest, the vineyards and hedges.

I recently found out that over the years I have not given that lovely area the (photographic) attention it deserves but that will change from now on.
I hope you enjoy this little pictorial excursion.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

#3 (I guess I posted this one before)
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

#7 (where there's wine, there's cellars to store it)
original.jpg

original.jpg

#9 (my home town - hidden in the valley)
original.jpg

Cheers

Thank you for the great journey to Austria. I lived in Switzerland for a brief period of 1994-1996. I was very appreciative of beauty of Swiss Alps. Some folks used to say that Austria is more beautiful and pristine. Never had a chance to visit. May be someday will make a trip.

Keep posting great landscapes like this.

Beautiful shots all of them. The composition, the light and the lines in the shots are very artisticly seen. I wish I had your eye for that.

Beautiful series, Harry. I'd love to visit someday. Many years ago, my parents went to Austria (among other places) and the photos they took were nice, but nothing like yours! Looks like it would be a lovely place to raise a family.

Thank you for the great journey to Austria. I lived in Switzerland for a brief period of 1994-1996. I was very appreciative of beauty of Swiss Alps. Some folks used to say that Austria is more beautiful and pristine. Never had a chance to visit. May be someday will make a trip.

Keep posting great landscapes like this.

Thanks Sam!

Well, the Swiss Alps are definitely more spectacular (markedly higher elevations), but the Austrian Alps are more pristine as you have correctly heard. The reason is that the valley floors in Switzerland are densely populated while those in Austria are mostly unpopulated except for the major streams.

Cheers

Thanks all for the nice comments!

I wish I had your eye for that.

Tojor, I'm very happy you say that because I was afraid that I lost my eye for composition, etc. In the beginning I mostly let intuition do the job, but later when my technical knowledge on photography grew I was more concerned with getting the shot right technically, which distracted me so much that creativity suffered heavily. This became particularly worse when I switched to digital.

Cheers

Beautiful series, Harry. I'd love to visit someday. Many years ago, my parents went to Austria (among other places) and the photos they took were nice, but nothing like yours! Looks like it would be a lovely place to raise a family.

Thanks Leigh!

You and your family would be most welcome, of course.

It is a good place to grow up, or should I say it "was". Most of people's life is getting increasingly regulated by the legislative, parents are over-scared, etc.

When I was a small boy, I had a rather "wild" childhood. There was hardly a day without bruises, I even had to get stitched altogether 4 times, etc.
Hm, I have to ask my mother and grandmother how much they cared about what will happen next :smile:

Cheers

P

Pam the Spiderwoman

Harry , how nice to see this series, I can just picture you running across the fields or sitting on the tractor.:eek:

Not sure what Bob's comments will be if he picks up thread.:Ouch: :Ouch: :Ouch:

Love Pam

I like all of these a lot Harry, but my strong favorite is # 3. Think of all the work planting, pruning, and tying the vines just so you can get a great picture. :wink:

I don't think you need to be concerned about a degradation of your compositional skills. Like Torben, I wish I had your eye.

Thanks for the trip Harry!
I really like rolling hills in landscape pictures, you got them quite well. I'm curious what you come with when it's all green.

Latest threads

Top Bottom