1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Homeland Security Says Photography Could Be a Sign of Terrorism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rick_reno, Jul 13, 2018.

1. As I said to my kids this morning, I guess I am one :cautious: :D 

2. When I photograph landing private jets, the pilots often glare out the window at me. I wonder what they're thinking. Could be anything from "gee look at that retired guy with nothing better to do" to "DUCK, that old guy's got a rocket launcher". If the airport authority asks me to stop, I will (n) .

3. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    It’s easy enough to avoid hassles with the authorities - ask yourself one question before pushing the shutter button “is this a photo of something someone might want to blow up or fly an airplane into”?
    If the answer is yes, put the camera away. ;) 

4. web52

web52

May 9, 2008
    houston tx
    Well, do you blame them when you carry around a bowling ball with lit fuse?
    ;-)

5. 480sparky

480sparky

May 27, 2013
    Cornpatch
    Notice the words unusual and covert. You'll find that those words will be totally ignored.

Person with camera = terrorist or pedophile.

6. Touche' Bill :ROFLMAO: 

7. I was in the Calgary International Aiport in 2009 capturing the photo shown below. An official, I think a customs agent, asked me to stop taking pictures, explaining that it wasn't allowed because photos of the agents could be posted on the Internet. If that happened, they and their family could become at risk. I explained that I had never thought of that and showed him using my camera's LCD the photo I took. I encouraged him and his colleagues to plead to the airport authority to post signs prohibiting photography of the airport, as none were posted. He didn't respond to my suggestion.

Mike 2009-07-11--013-L.

8. I see nothing orange . . . . . ..:blackalien: 

9. Or just chuck it in the bin, as there's virtually nothing that some bunch of terrorists have not threatened to blow up or destroy...

10. 480sparky

480sparky

May 27, 2013
    Cornpatch
    Seriously? So no more cityscapes? No more photos of interesting architecture? Historic buildings?

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    ^I added the little emoji hoping folks would get that I was being sarcastic. Sorry you missed it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.