Homeless In Venice Sketch

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by 57corvette, Jul 19, 2007.

1. This is a third photo in a series of homeless people I saw at Venice Beach in California. This photo is combined with several others including one of my favorite back drops .... the Strand. I used a sketch action as well as a little PWL ...... although those actions really don't run well on PS 7. I hope to get better results with actions when I upgrade to CS3. Comments are welcome ......

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Normally I like the things that you do but I feel this is just too busy with too much competing for your attention. The background seems kind of "in your face" bright.

3. Gordon,

Thank you for your input ....... I had tried 6 or 7 backgrounds before deciding on this one. I wasn't sure if it was inappropriate, too bright or just wrong ....... so I appreciate your feedback. I will consider another background for this one.

4. Another version ..........

[​IMG][/IMG]

5. I don't think the background in the first is too bright, just doesn't fit the image. I like the treatment of the homeless guy, but don't care for either of the backgrounds. Kind of a sad and moving picture with fun backgrounds. They just don't seem to match the tone of the photo.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like your work very much.
    I like both images

7. I like the first image, and as I'm not one who usually "gets" anything artistically themed, I see it as the contrast between "Americana" (Strand, theaters in general, public with disposable cash) and America (which includes a vast population of homeless people).

8. Of the two, I like #1 best....nice work :smile::smile::smile:

9. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    second one for sure but both are well done for the effect you were after

10. Bob, I like both of these, but I think the first tells more of a story.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

11. Anthony, Gale, Gretchen, Mike, Lowolf, Virginia,

Thank you all for your input .............hard to know sometimes what works and what doesn't ...........given art is such a personal thing. My wife thought the first photo was too busy, although I liked it best. I think I need to just create the art that pleases me and hope that others like it as well. I appreciate the input from everyone because it helps me see my work from different perspectives and I think that will help me grow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.