Homeless In Venice

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by 57corvette, May 9, 2007.

1. These were shot on Venice Beach, California in April. Venice Beach has a wild and happy side to it, but it also has a large population of homeless people.

2. Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    great work well done
  3. Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    These are very interesting images. I especially like the 2nd, for the wonderful varied colour overlays which seem to be quite random. The image has that "lost in time" look to it. What filter did you use, or did you layer and blend other images to get the effect?
    As a small aside, I would be tempted to crop out the figure on the left which might serve to isolate the person at center even more. g going!!!:smile:
  4. Nice work Bob :smile: :smile: Very well done !!!
  5. MGlennn, Robert, Lowolf,

Thank you all for taking the time to check out my photos and your kind words.......

Robert ..... no filters were use, but rather I blended the photo with other photos. This is a process I really enjoy doing. Sometimes the results are minor and in some cases, a totally abstract photo is the result. Sometimes I work for hours on a photo and end up with nothing worth keeping ..... very frustrating. In some cases, just when I thought I couldn't save a photo, I try one more step and come up with something that I like. I didn't crop this photo because where I have it on the Internet, I wanted all the photos to be the same size to have a more uniform look to the page. However, the slide show I made with my re-touched photos, I did indeed crop out the person on the left.

Thanks again for looking and taking the time to write me ............

6. RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Really like these

These have a great effect and you have done it so well.....

Really super work.

Best wishes

7. Ray,

Thanks for taking the time to view and write me. Also, thanks again for your great work on my '57 Vette. I appreciate it.