Homestead Part II

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by sypher, Apr 14, 2007.

1. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    I had the opportunity to once again meet up with Gordon (greyflash) while in St. George on a business trip. This time Gordon took us to the home of Jacob Hamblin a early settler (1850’s) to these parts.

Talk about sleeping on air:wink:
    [​IMG]

Rocking Chair
    [​IMG]

House and Wagon
    [​IMG]

Wagon
    [​IMG]

Wagon Wheel
    [​IMG]

And our very own Gordon (Greyflash)
    [​IMG]

I decided I really liked the feeling/mood that the sepia gave the pictures. What do you think?

2. Sepia looks good here although I generally prefer B&W myself.

3. Brian these are great. I really like the old rocking chair and wondered how I missed that? Well done and even the picture of me isn't all that bad in spite of the subject matter. I am not often seen with my hair mussed up like that. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing a different look to the Old Homestead. That is amazing that your wife is actually related to Jacob Hamblin, small world.

4. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Thanks again Gordon. You were engrosed :smile: in getting the clock on the mantle and the kids room, which was fantastic. I wish I had noticed the glare on your right eye. Any good ideas how to get rid of it, or make it less noticeable?

5. I think it's fine as it is Brian, not to worry.

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I love these. I have pioneer ancestors and am always intrigued by their artifacts. I think I visited this house before when I was in St. George. I know we went to the Brigham Young home there and a couple of others that were out west of town. I would love to visit them again now that I enjoy photography. Did you use a tripod or flash?

I think the photo of Gordon is very nice.

7. fantastic just as they are Brian!