Critique Homeward bound

I am putting together 8 images for a gallery- all will be 20x30 to 40x60" in size.
I love looking through old images and finding old favorites. I had this hanging in our foyer for over a year- before it was replaced by others.
Brings back old memories- I hope I can get out to Bosque again soon.
Gary

a bosque  wed 05048-Edit-2 bigger-Edit-Edit-3-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Randy
is that a single image ?

beyond amazing, so good it doesn't look real

Reactions: McQ
is that a single image ?
Single image, yes. This is what I saw. But with help.
I shot this scene as the geese flew off in dribbles and drabs for over an hour. Took me a while to figure out I could not really compose- things were too fast. So I just shot in bursts whenever birds got even close to the moon. I have hundreds and hundreds of these. This is the only one that really did work. But I only need one. It is a pretty good crop. In the actual image the moon detail was a little soft, and moon exposure was not perfect. I had taken test snaps to set everything up. In these the moon was as sharp as a tack, so I painted back some moon detail.
I have gone back to the exact same spot, in the same general moon cycle, several times. Never even got close to getting this image again.
Probably luck.
Gary

I am putting together 8 images for a gallery- all will be 20x30 to 40x60" in size.
I love looking through old images and finding old favorites. I had this hanging in our foyer for over a year- before it was replaced by others.
Brings back old memories- I hope I can get out to Bosque again soon.
Gary

View attachment 1667006

I never seen birds fly in that formation before. I need to pay more attention to what's in the sky instead of what's on the ground or in front of me. I like the moon in the background. That is a once in a lifetime catch. Great job!

Latest threads

Top Bottom