1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Honey Bee on Sunflower

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by CrystallP, Aug 31, 2008.

1. The song birds blessed me with a few volunteer sunflowers this year. I watched them grow with anticipation, but missed out on the seed frenzy because we were on vacation. I did manage to capture a few images before the bees fully pollinated the flower:

Volunteer Sunflower:

large.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Honey Bee at Work

View attachment 245420

View attachment 245421

2. Pretty shots Crystall. I really like the lighting on #1... And the comp in #2 is very nice... How've you been?

3. Hi Rich,

Thanks for the feedback! All is well here, very busy, trying to catch up on processing. My deck garden was marginally successful, (severe lack of butterflies this year), but overall, the blooms were beautiful. More to follow...hopefully, when the sunshine returns!

4. Love the sunflowers! That last one makes a perfect avatar!

5. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Crystall,
    You've done a great job with your sunflowers....and don't give up on that deck garden of yours. Next year you'll have those butterflies back for sure.
    Thanks for sharing these.
    We don't have the Sunflowers down here. I used to see them in Michigan in the summers but never did get a decent picture of one. Now must buy them at the supermarket....and that I'll do when I see them...
    Keep up the good work with your deck and with your camera...I don't know anyone who has as much fun with the camera as you :smile:

6. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Crystall,

Lovely -- especially #3! :Love:

7. Thank you Connie!! I am very pleased with the sunflowers, I just wish I could have photographed them again at maturity before the goldfinches descended on them. LOL!!

Hi Gaye,

I'm so glad that you like them. I plan to grow them again next year. It's been a great year and many of my volunteers and biennial plants bloomed. I am really looking forward to next Spring... already!!

Hi Kristin!!

Thank you so much. I am experimenting with the Lightroom plugin by Timothy Ames. It's called LR Mogrify. I used it to frame the flowers. I am still working on settings, but so far, I really like it. I am so far behind on processing. Hopefully, I will have more images to post soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.