Honey I really need a 500mm lens

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Oct 27, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Ok Ok nows not a good time :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent action shots of one of my favorite species Ben. BTW, I'm with you on the 500. I'm so envious of the shots that HarryB and others are getting with this lens. Of course, I also want a 200-400VR, and a 600 f4. Maybe we should go in together and by a pot full of lottery tickets. :rolleyes:

3. These birds are one of my favorites to sit and watch great capture and yes that is what is in store for you at the homefront for brign up such a topic :cool:

4. Well, I have bad news for you. I think Nikon will be coming out with a new 500/4 G VR in the not to distant future. Then it will be even harder to resist! On the other hand, there may be a few 500/4s for sale, as folks like me think about upgrading...

5. Nice shots Ben............luv the topic..........

why not a 400-600mm VR :biggrin: to piggy back the 200-400mm

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Frank
    Well I just picked one lens for now but all you mentioned and more is on my lens lust list, maybe a 2nd body
    :rolleyes:

Lotto that would be nice, but one of the few lessons my Dad taught me is not to gamble with scared money, and all my money is always scared !!! :eek: :frown: :biggrin:

7. So, what are you asking for it.... :smile:

8. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

The Sigma 50-500 is an exceptional lens. The older APS version like mine can be had for around $550 on eBay. Quite a monster at 500mm but I find it easier to balance and stabalize than a physically shorter lens like the Nikkor 80-200 or my Nikkor 28-70 for that matter. Check it out!

As soon as I get my site back for uploading, I'll post a few shots taken with the 'Bigma' recently.

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Yeah Mike you're right about the homefront if I buy now......... but soon I hope .......... soon :biggrin:

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Not bad news Rory ........... just something to look forward too !!
    :wink:

11. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I don't know Why Not ?? !! :biggrin: