Honeydew

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, May 6, 2005.

1. Woodant harvesting the honeydew from the aphids, they have some nice colonies of Aphids going in a tree next door.

200 f4 micro + 2x tc, branch was blowing in the wind and at 1.8:1 magnification it was a bit tricky.

[​IMG]

And a Spring Asure, they are the first Butterflies to hatch around here there pretty small about one inch.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Martin

2. It may have been tricky, Martin, but you got yourself one "hello" of a photo!

I wonder if these creatures of the near microscopic world ever have any sense that you are spying on them?

More great work! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. Hi Virginia, thanks for the comment.

hmm do you think maybe they get that feeling there being watched like us people do.

Martin

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Tha nks Paul, it is a great time of year, went out after work to shoot Ants and Aphids and there was a Deer across the street at the pond, a Racoon at the bird feeder and a snake on the ground by the Ants, I had to tell me self ignore every thing and stick to the plan or I would ber running around for different lenses and end up with nothing.

Well the flash helps with the movement from the wind and its a mater of taking lots of pictures to get one that works out. I will try tying the branch to something today to limit the movement.

Martin

6. Very nice shots. I like the first one.

7. Martin, these are nice!

Question for you. I see you have the Tamron 90 and Nikon 200. Do you prefer one over the other for image quality? I was looking at the Tamron 180 vs the Nikon 200. The Tamron 180 is supposed to be even sharper than the 90. Just curious what your experience has been. Thanks,

8. I think the 200 f4 micro is better quality than the Tamron 90 and with the longer working distance and tripod collar I prefer it and use it a lot more than the 90, I have never tried the 180 but I do here good things about it.

Martin

9. Thanks for the comments Pete, Vinh and Kevin.

Martin

10. Nice shots Martin!! :D :D :D