Hong Kong Harbor at night

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Phil K, Jul 13, 2007.

1. It's not my intention to shot night scenes tonight. I was waiting for the ferry to went back to Hong Kong Island and suddenly noticed that we had a clear sky tonight. Fortunately I had a camera with me so I snapped a few shots before boarding the ferry. All were handheld at ISO 1600. I wish I had time to set up some better shots with a tripod. :mad:

original.

View attachment 105817

View attachment 105818

2. outstanding shots Phil...uh, just which camera was this? :biggrin:

3. Very nice, Phil. These look very clean and sharp, and the colors are great. Your hand held technique was up to the job. :smile:

4. Very pretty Phil. Didn't some people jump of the RHS building in #2 when under construction for the second "Laura Croft" movie?

5. They came out very well Phil. No wonder with that big amount of light :wink:

6. I like these very much Phil. You did well.

7. Great shots - Makes me want to come back.

Don

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice Phil
    Think the first one best

9. Thanks Chris. It's the S5 Pro with the 28-70/2.8.

Thank you Dave. We have surprising clear in these 2 weeks.

Thank you very much Nick. You're right. It's the International Finance Centre II that was in the movie. It's the tallest building in HK, and 5th tallest in the world.

Thank you Daniel. Yes, ours is the City of Light.

10. Thank you very much Peter. Glad you like it.

Thank you Don. Yes, come back here for a visit, though I cannot promise clear sky.

Thank you very much Gale. :smile:

11. Wow! I really like them.

12. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    Wow, they're all so clear, particularly impressive for having been hand-held. Did you use a lens with VR?

13. Very, very nice serie, Phil. The #1 has the best composition.

14. Thank you very much. Hong Kong harbor is famous for the night lights and glad you like it.

Thank you Keirin. They're taken with the 28-70. I was leaning on a wall for extra support.

Thank you Dao. I was glad that I had a camera with me that evening.

15. Nice shots, Phil!

16. Thank you very much Justin. I hope there will be clear sky the next time you come down here.

17. Wonderful shots Phil. The skyline sure has changed!

Rich

18. Ptchfork

Ptchfork

Jul 8, 2007
    New York City
    Wow - looks a little like NYC (home)

Hey - odd that "Phillips" is in english

19. These are really quite good Phil. The colors are nice and the images are sharp, like the reflection in the harbor.

20. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Phil love the color and they do look sharp , you live in a unique place in the world.