Hong Kong sneak peek (courtesy of the D200 and lots of chinese food)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by virtuamike, Jan 3, 2006.

1. After a week of nonstop shooting, I'm beginning to think I have a monster on my hands. Considering I'm working off an uncalibrated laptop with a dull LCD (sorry if the skin tones are off), I'm pretty impressed. I'll post the rest when I get a chance to work on them after I get back. For now consider these a sneak peek.

20060101065854_hk14_full.

20060101070255_hk13_full.

20060101070540_hk23_full.

20060103032829_hk18_full.

20060103041643_hk02_full.

20060103041835_hk09_full.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I don't know how you ended up there, Mike, but what a great city to photograph. I can see in your images that we are all missing something special by not being there shooting along with you. Keep those images coming.

3. Great shots!

Hey, this place looks familiar :confused: :smile:

4. That's exactly what i was thinking when i looked at these pics.:biggrin:

Cool shots, the last one being my favourite. I wouldn't go buy anything from those small snack stalls though, made me real sick the last time i did.:Sick:

5. MattKuether

MattKuether Guest

Great shots Mike, the last one is my favorite. I had the chance to visit Hong Kong last year, great city. Looking forward to seeing more of your shots.

6. Exemplary "street photography" - beautiful!

7. Like your shots Mike, keep them coming.

8. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Good captures, Mike. Looking forward to the rest of them.

9. Great series. I look forward to seeing what you have for us when you return.

10. I'm going to be there in less about three weeks. I'm excited to see what I can come up with. It's a very photogenic city.

11. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Very nice shots!!!

12. Thx everyone! I'm back, exhausted, and I smell funny. Plenty of pictures to come.

13. Nice shots - I particularly like the last one.

Looks like the air has improved since I was there the end of September.
    There was so much haze you could barely see across the bay. In fact, it was that way pretty much everywhere we went in China - very dissapointing;

Don

14. Don - Summer is a bad time to be in China due to the smog. I totally understand what you mean about being dissapointed. During the summer I can for days and even weeks without being able to do much photography because of the haze. During the winter and spring and end of autumn it's nice though.