Honkers..........

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Well got out for an hour Sunday, focused on not getting the boring bird shot sitting. Have to say, first real time that D2h was singing, LOL.......that was a blast. Those D70 shooters were looking around who was making all that racket. That was fun!!! Now if I can just find that long tele to complement my bag, life would be grand! Thanks for looking.........now if I can just get the resizing right, my originals look so much better, especially printed :)

Nice pose
    original.

water was flying on this shot
    View attachment 7572

Close up and personal
    View attachment 7573

2. Really nice images Keith. The middle shot makes that goose look like he has been pumping iron. Excellent detail by the way.

3. Very good Keith. Your second shot has very good detail!! :D :D :D

4. Thanks for looking Gordon and Bryan. Feels good getting out..........my goal is some hummingbird shots this summer. Might have to travel to find them ;-)

5. Hi Keith,

You did awesome job to this big fat bird. Hummingbird is on my list too. :D

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Keith

Excellent stuff!

Man how I miss my H!

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice pics Keith. Looks like it is finally warming up a little bit up there. Looking forward to some Spring posts now. 8)

Regards,

Frank

8. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Great looking work Keith, I really like the second
    and third shot.

9. Thanks everyone.......

Appreciate the nice compliments, know I have to work harder to keep up to your standards. Now that most of the ice has melted, will create new opportunities. Looking for a 300mm f2.8 or 200-400mm, so if you see anything interesting. Still kicking myself Jim I didnt jump on yours! Want to invest in glass and worry about the body later, D2h is it for a while.......only 600 shots with it, so I have to get a better work out with it, but boy that D2x looks appealing..... no no no......glass glass glass! :wink:

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Boy !!! Ain't he a Great Big Proud Feller you got there :>))

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIEALIDOUCIOUS

HEE HEE wonder if i got that right. lolol

Well you get the idea.

Stay with the D2h Pal. The D2X need some bugs worked out and the price needs to come down.

You are doing great.

You are not printing a barn sized mural.... Are You ???

Hey I found a local printer that I go in. sit at his computer, he fixes my color casts, does my crops, has a great eye.

What a find.

Just picked up 4, 11x14 and 4 8x10. Printed matt hi gloss. Great prices. Super folks. They even fix and build computers.

I have been wanting to move from this county for over 10 years. Now that I found these guys. I think I will stay here for ever. :>)))

Get with me in PM if you ever want something special and want it done great. 4mp s way more than enough. You have a great camera. I am sure tempted.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gale, you sure have a way of cutting through the BS.... :lol:

I'm responding here becuase I agree with everything you said. Just wanted to give a 2nd (supporting) opinion. :wink:

Frank

12. Hi Gale

thanks for taking the time to comment. Have to tell you dont think I could spell what you did, let alone figure it out. LOL>..........I'll take it as positive.

Sounds like you get quite the service, it refreshing when you hear stories as such. Tell you, when you find someone as such, you stick with them like glue. Like finding a good mechanic, or anything for that matter. Might take you up on it one day. As far as the D2x, reality is dont see that coming for a while, just day dreaming. But definitely serious on the glass, now the challenge is to find the right deal. Patience is a virtue. Jim is done selling so now I have to look elsewhere. LOL

13. Great bird shots.... and these geese aren't all that easy to shoot. Very clear, sharp pics. Love the stop action.

14. Thanks Sandi! Had a chance to peek at your gallery, some great work with that coolpix! how are you liking the S3?

15. Nice I really liek the second one and the detail in the third is incredible, keep them coming

16. Keith, thanks for your kind words. I'm just loving the S3, the dynamic range is incredible, just like film - no blown highlights and full detail in the dark - amazing technology. These new lenses are a blessing too, incredibly sharp. I love the instant on and the instant focus of this camera over the coolpix but hey, what can you expect for the price. The coolpix line served me well, of course using the 990 the other day, was hard to believe I actually paid almost $2,000 out the door for that camera!! LOL Times have changed, thanfully!