Hooded Female Merganser

This little female Merganser was at our local wetland yesterday with her chicks. I had never seen one before but here are a few shots.

_DSC4578.jpg _DSC4610-Denoise.jpg _DSC4620-Sharpenmask.jpg _DSC4700-Sharpen.jpg _DSC4765.jpg _DSC4815.jpg

AWWW,,,,,,,the chicks are cute!!! We have had Hooded Mergansers on our little lake all winter but in April they tend to go off somewhere else, and so I don't get to see any new chicks, although a couple of times I did see some frisky male/female action going on which presumably leads to chicks eventually. Which wetlands were these guys hanging out in? I haven't been to Huntley Meadows in a long time now but am thinking of going back there some time this spring or early summer.

AWWW,,,,,,,the chicks are cute!!! We have had Hooded Mergansers on our little lake all winter but in April they tend to go off somewhere else, and so I don't get to see any new chicks, although a couple of times I did see some frisky male/female action going on which presumably leads to chicks eventually. Which wetlands were these guys hanging out in? I haven't been to Huntley Meadows in a long time now but am thinking of going back there some time this spring or early summer.
These pictures were taken at Huntley Meadows. I'd wait a couple of weeks to go there until things warm up a bit.

These pictures were taken at Huntley Meadows. I'd wait a couple of weeks to go there until things warm up a bit.

Thanks! I am definitely waiting a while longer until the weather really settles into being consistently warm and such, before I venture forth to Huntley Meadows. I've also got a few other places on my list to visit -- places I haven't been in a long time: Green Spring Gardens, Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, Daingerfield Island, Brookside Gardens in Maryland....etc., etc. It will be so much fun revisiting these places after a long absence!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom