Hoodman H-D2HX LCD Hood and Cap??

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Larry Gleason, May 31, 2005.

1. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
  2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Not for chimpers

I have 2 of them, 1's already broken, and if you chimp a lot, it really gets in the way. You have to close it before shooting after chimping, or you wind up hitting yourself in the bridge of the nose. NOT recommended!

3. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Re: Not for chimpers

Good job, Steve, and thanks. That was exactly the kind of information that I needed. I figured on the nose job but wasn't sure of the cap getting in the way by slowing things down. On a side note, my nose often turns on the menu display. Not if that is because I am left-handed and use my right eye for viewing. I will order a couple of the regular Nikon covers when in stock. I ordered a second battery cover this evening (notified in stock) for my second battery. It doesn't seem to take long to swap out one cover for two batteries but just the thought of one fumble moment dropping the cover at the wrong place or time (like high on a ladder) just makes me wince. Worse if the cover were dropped where it could not be retrieved. At least this way, the second cover is a natural backup.

4. I went through one on my D70. Having to open it was a pain.

I also thought the glare on the Hoodman's clear screen negated anything good about the hood effect. The clear part popped right out, though.

In the end, I learned to just not worry about the LCDs.

5. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Got two- got so disgusted that I gave Joe Colson one.
    Why I'm keeping the second one- I guess I don't know.

Birger

6. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Hence the value in learning from other's experiences with accessories. I didn't note a clear screen on the lidded Hoodman. However, I still do what I can to protect the LCDs on all six of my digitals.

7. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I have one on my D2X, and I must admit, as an incurable 'chimper' (had to look that one up on Google . . .) it is a bit of a pain. It does help see the LCD in bright light though.

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Well, if Birger doesn't like it I know I wont.

Thanks everyone!