Hoodman Hood for D3 LCD

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by adaml, Jul 21, 2008.

1. adaml

adaml

Feb 21, 2006
    chicago
    When I picked up my D3, I puchased a Hoodman Hood for the LCD under the premise that if it can be scratched, I will find a way.

Unlike the Nikon LCD covers for my other bodies, which have a bad habit of falling off, this Hoodman Hood is on really tight. That's the problem; for the life of me, I can't find a way to remove it without probably breaking one of the little flanges that holds it in place.

I would like to remove it periodically to check the LCD. Anyone know how to do that, without breaking it?

2. It has to be similar to my D2X, push up with medium pressure from the bottom of the hoodman, as you pull out the bottom towards you, at the same time. It takes the pressure off the tabs, and swings right out.

Christopher

3. gvg45

gvg45

Jun 16, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    The hoodman LCD protector is a bit of a pain to remove. I carefully used a metal nail file to push up on the bottom and it came off.

4. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Glad you underlined carefully, with the nail file :)

5. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

leave it alone .if you remove it in the above explained manner well you increasing the lioklyhood of scratching or breaking something.isnt that what you were trying to aviod in the first place.

6. PedroS

PedroS

May 4, 2008
    Portugal
  7. adaml

adaml

Feb 21, 2006
    chicago
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll try it your way Christopher.

Greg, I don't think that I have your courage to put a nail file anywhere near the LCD.