hoooooooooooooooooo

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Removed User 2, May 20, 2007.

1. Just bought loads of cheap color film. Trying to get a hang of it (and my scanner settings). So far, so bad. Still... Just having fun!

Web-86.

2. Well, these two images definitely have your signature look to them. What is it about them that you don't care for. Is the rendition not what you had in your mind's eye when you took the pictures. Actually, I rather like the colors, myself.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Looks fun Ned. Huh. I put a roll of Kodak 400 color film in the you-know-what this morning.

Personally I think the colors are better in your B&W stuff though. :Wink:

4. Ray, I don't mind not getting super accurate colors. But this film (or scanner settings?) is just hard to pin right! Blocked shadows and not very subtle colors. Of course, the fact that it's expired from 2003 doesn't exactly help :redface:

I still don't have a problem using it up. Shooting film is just too fun.

Oh yes! My B&W color stuff is much better, I agree! :Glasses:

5. I like the second one a lot - it hints at what the first says, rather than smacking the viewer in the face with it.

Colour and B&W photography seem to me to place very different demands on the photographer - maybe the reason you don't like them is that you've seen something you'd take in B&W and pressed the shutter release on it with that in mind...?

6. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

more dead people....well at least he wasn't nappy headed.

7. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Nice shots, Ned. I really love the tones in these...I really do.