Hooray! Finally some birds! blues first (lots pics)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Due to the Floods here in the midwest, we have had a drought of birds because of to much available wetlands. They are so spread out! Now that the water is receding they are starting to congregate up again at the hot spots.

First some Little Blue Heron shots:

3:30 p.m. flight shots, fighting the hard shadows and sun, D300 200-400VR with 1.4TC, ISO 200,

missed the top of the wing, oh well, always next time

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some static shots:

I was fighting the thin brown reeds in front of the bird and if you see a brownish haze in front, that is the cause (like the last pic above)

A bit later in the afternoon, better light, hence better shots, some with and without TC:

sweet evening light on this shot, really popped the colors, plus the bird banking helped me out too:

Finally the last of the static shots with the last one in fading light and through the weeds again:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Great series! Incredibly sharp and I love the color of the bird. # 5 is incredible.
thank you John,

good light makes it easier to get great color,

Wade these are Amazing shots of the Little Blue !!!
Thanks Matt, these were some of my best to date with the little blues. I had never seen so many in one area before, congregated up like this before.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Even with ZOOM and you clipped the wing:redface:a little ribbing between friends folks.Wade knows with the 300 2.8 when the action gets close all I get is clipped shots all over the place so I just could not let that shot go by with out a jab:tongue:Sure wish I was with ya on this one ole buddy,action so close even with zoom you can't fill the frame:eek:what a nice problem to have:biggrin:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Even with ZOOM and you clipped the wing:redface:a little ribbing between friends folks.Wade knows with the 300 2.8 when the action gets close all I get is clipped shots all over the place so I just could not let that shot go by with out a jab:tongue:Sure wish I was with ya on this one ole buddy,action so close even with zoom you can't fill the frame:eek:what a nice problem to have:biggrin:
:biggrin: you got me on that one buddy, I forgot I had the zoom, do note however, that I resolved that problem later in the day! :wink:

Was the best day of the summer so far.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom