Hooters & Harriers

Last week I happened to visit the right field, the Short Eared Owls and Harriers were out chasing one another, the action lasted for about an hour or so and then just dead. This time of year it always seems if you find SEO's you'll usually find Harriers close by.
Here's some of the action I was able to capture.

DSC02313 72wf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC02307 72wf.jpg

DSC_8387-2 72wf.jpg

DSC_8415 72wf.jpg

DSC_8685 72wf.jpg

DSC_9182 72wf.jpg

Louie

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Excellent action shots, Louie! Glad to see you still giving the D5 some love! LOL! Image #5 is exzcellent.... but why does everything seem sharp except the head? Last minute head turn? Have you tried Topaz Sharpen AI on it? Or is it just me? How do you decide which camera to use?

Real Name
Dan
Wow! Awesome set, Louie. You definitely found the right time/place and made the most of it. All great content and technically executed to perfection. Those first two really show how the SEOs contort themselves when they spot something. Love the BGs. As a matter of personal taste no.2 is one of the best SEO shot's I've ever seen. And no.4 is an excellent harrier that's a little different than the typical soaring shot. Really an excellent set.

I have to say you've always done good work but in the past year or so seems like you've taken it up a notch. Everything I've seen you post lately really has that subject isolation/3d look. Awesome stuff.

Another great set from you
Thanks Randy.
Excellent action shots, Louie! Glad to see you still giving the D5 some love! LOL! Image #5 is exzcellent.... but why does everything seem sharp except the head? Last minute head turn? Have you tried Topaz Sharpen AI on it? Or is it just me? How do you decide which camera to use?
Thanks very much Karen. Shooting SEO's over the typically environment you find them in is one of the most challenging tasks for any camera, both my D5 and A9II struggle at times to maintain focus and acquire focus. With little to no contrast, it's always fun to try and get the shot and maybe that's what happen on the owl's head in the shot you reference. A challenge is what we all want, right?
Super set Louis.
Action shot like this are always fun to watch.
Well done .???
Many thanks Bob appreciate it.

Beautiful images!

Do you drag around both Sony and Nikon camera/lens? Seems quite awkward to shift between them...
Thanks Daniel, and at times I do take both camera setups with me. Once you get familiar with each setup it's no problem at all, I switch between them quite easily.
Another fine set Louie.
Thanks much Allan.
Super action, well-captured, in beautiful light - thanks, Louie.
Appreciate it very much, thanks.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Magnificent set! It is as good as best bird photography can get.

Wow! Awesome set, Louie. You definitely found the right time/place and made the most of it. All great content and technically executed to perfection. Those first two really show how the SEOs contort themselves when they spot something. Love the BGs. As a matter of personal taste no.2 is one of the best SEO shot's I've ever seen. And no.4 is an excellent harrier that's a little different than the typical soaring shot. Really an excellent set.

I have to say you've always done good work but in the past year or so seems like you've taken it up a notch. Everything I've seen you post lately really has that subject isolation/3d look. Awesome stuff.
Most appreciated Dan, what a compliment thank you very much.
Super images!
Thanks Alex.

Latest threads

Top Bottom