Critique Hope College Chapel (Z7ii)

I captured these photographs of the Hope College Chapel in Holland, Michigan earlier this week:

2021-05-03 michigan-171-HDR.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2021-05-03 michigan-174-HDR.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Attachments

• 2021-05-03 michigan-171-HDR.jpg
    2021-05-03 michigan-171-HDR.jpg
    641.3 KB · Views: 22
Real Name
Andy
When I imported the files into Lightroom, I have the default set for lens correction.
I think the Z bodies also correct for lens distortion (for native lenses) in camera at the time of capture. Between that and any profiles applied by LR on import, I am finding that the files are extremely good before lifting a finger in post. This preserves time and energy for more interesting and creative postprocessing efforts.

I think the Z bodies also correct for lens distortion (for native lenses) in camera at the time of capture. Between that and any profiles applied by LR on import, I am finding that the files are extremely good before lifting a finger in post. This preserves time and energy for more interesting and creative postprocessing efforts.
I found the same thing...very little work in post so far when using these lenses with the Z body.
If you wish, this is easily handled in PS by cloning with a vanishing point filter.
The reflection doesn't bother me...it seems natural that the reflection would land on the tile from the light coming through the window. However, I would like to learn how to clone with a vanishing point filter...sounds like a great tool to have in my toolbox. I will have to do a Google search to figure out how to apply that.

Glenn

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom