1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hope...or despair?

Discussion in 'People' started by dtbh, May 7, 2007.

1. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    I had my annual celebration of Wesak day on May 1st at a local Buddhist temple. Every year there will be vagabonds/beggars lining the side of the road leading to the temple as on this day people are encouraged to be more charitable. Last year I used my 28-70 and each time I approached them they would hide their face or looked away. This year I am well prepared...with my 70-200.

I parked myself acrossed the road and noticed this man with a lot of character in his face and mannerisms. I waited for an opportune time to get THE shot. This was when he looked my way (I was on my knees to get an eye-level shot) with his outstretched arms one holding his collection bowl. I thought I got it but when I looked at the LCD on playback someone's hand came into the frame just to the right of his beard! Sigh. Tried again but failed to get any better shot. I then decided to crop the picture to get this image that I like to share. The bg is a bit cluttered but I hope you like it. I got my son to drop a contribution into his waiting bowl when we left.

479518278_2a8a56968e_o.

2. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    Banhup,

Man! Talk about intense! Love the detail and focus!

Mike

3. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Thanks Mike!

4. Neither

Experience, a man who has seen it all. I love his eyes. Great photo.

5. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Thanks Dude for your inputs! I've used this title 'cos while watching him I noticed him repeatedly looking left and right hoping the next kind soul would come his way. This man's face definitely shows him having full of experience. :smile:

6. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Geeze. For once I might be able to make a constructive criticism. The plaid shirt is too loud. Tone it down a bit.

7. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    :biggrin: ...and finally I gave you a chance! Yes siree. Will do the necessary. :biggrin: Thanks Hulamike!

8. Excellent work Banhup............. I'd love to see this in B/W............

G

9. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Thanks Graeme! Funny I never thought of trying this in B&W. Will give that a try. :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.