Hope...or despair?

I had my annual celebration of Wesak day on May 1st at a local Buddhist temple. Every year there will be vagabonds/beggars lining the side of the road leading to the temple as on this day people are encouraged to be more charitable. Last year I used my 28-70 and each time I approached them they would hide their face or looked away. This year I am well prepared...with my 70-200.

I parked myself acrossed the road and noticed this man with a lot of character in his face and mannerisms. I waited for an opportune time to get THE shot. This was when he looked my way (I was on my knees to get an eye-level shot) with his outstretched arms one holding his collection bowl. I thought I got it but when I looked at the LCD on playback someone's hand came into the frame just to the right of his beard! Sigh. Tried again but failed to get any better shot. I then decided to crop the picture to get this image that I like to share. The bg is a bit cluttered but I hope you like it. I got my son to drop a contribution into his waiting bowl when we left.

479518278_2a8a56968e_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Experience, a man who has seen it all. I love his eyes. Great photo.

Thanks Dude for your inputs! I've used this title 'cos while watching him I noticed him repeatedly looking left and right hoping the next kind soul would come his way. This man's face definitely shows him having full of experience. :smile:

B

BigPixel

Geeze. For once I might be able to make a constructive criticism. The plaid shirt is too loud. Tone it down a bit.

Geeze. For once I might be able to make a constructive criticism. The plaid shirt is too loud. Tone it down a bit.

:biggrin: ...and finally I gave you a chance! Yes siree. Will do the necessary. :biggrin: Thanks Hulamike!

Latest threads

Top Bottom