1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hornets at KGNV

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by darkside, Aug 11, 2009.

1. darkside

darkside

Jan 2, 2009
    Orlando, Fl
    We had a few visitors at the Gainesville airport a few days ago, 4 FA-18 Hornets. I work for University Air Center, and my boss wanted some photos to use for advertising ect. which is why alot of them have the university air center sign in them. I'll post more later, but trying to keep it to a reasonable sized post. C&C welcome.

1. Typical Florida heat distorting everything in site.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2009
  2. 560XLS

560XLS

Mar 9, 2009
    Southern NH
    Excellent! Aggressor Squadron?

3. darkside

darkside

Jan 2, 2009
    Orlando, Fl
    Yes, I didn't get a chance to talk to the pilots much, but I figured they were based on the paint job. Not too many American squadrons have big red stars on the planes, so I googled "VFC-12" (painted on the side of the planes) when I got home, here's some info about them. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/navy/vfc-12.htm

4. andyman_1970

andyman_1970

Apr 2, 2008
    Arkansas
    Nice catch on the "Omars", sweet. Love the Navy Adversary paint schemes. Some of their drop tanks have the radio callsign of the squadron painted on them "Ambush". Nicely done!!!!

5. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Wow neat! I was thinking those were painted to look a helluva lot like MiG's! Great find! :smile:

6. Great photos...

Elliot

7. darkside

darkside

Jan 2, 2009
    Orlando, Fl
    Here are a couple from when they took off. We told them that I'd be sitting at the end of the runway taking pictures so the longer they could hold it down, and the lower they went, the better. They didn't disappoint. Neither of these are cropped other than to straighten the first picture so they were filling the frame pretty well. Taken with 70-300VR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.