Horse Jumping from start to finish

I was at my daughters Hunter/Jumper competion and got this series of photos that I thought went together well as a series. What do you think? Any and all comments welcome. All shot with a D2X and 200-400mm lens.

Thanks for looking, Adolfo

Starting out

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Seeing the fence

The jump

Heading home

Mom helping

A moment of reflection

You captured the series very nicely, Adolfo. The images tell the story well. I like being able to see her face and her intensity. The last image is particularly nice showing love and pride for her horse. Job well done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all for your kind comments. It helps when someone else looks and sees what you see.

Adolfo

I have always had a great deal of respect for people that are involved in the sport. They are in control of a huge animal and doing things that just don't come natural. Your daughter is to be commended. Thanks for sharing these really fine images.

Real Name
Chris
That action shot, #3, The Jump, is excellent, but you show true mastery with the last one. The faded background really makes your subjects stand out. Yur daughter seems to be a very good rider, and obviously cares a great deal for her horse.

S

saturnine

I absolutely love the composition of #4. Almost like it's from an advertisement or something.

Thanks, I'm very proud of her. She has a lot of dedication to the sport and her work is showing. In this class she took 2nd. I still missed a lot of shots that were soft. There is a pro photographer there but I did not talk with him, I did not want to intrude while he was working.

They were all shot at f6.3. That gave speeds from 1/160 to 1/500 sec. I also played with FM's black and white plug in and came up the this sepia version of the last shot. What do you think?

Adolfo

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom