Horse Jumping from start to finish

Discussion in 'People' started by Rapman1959, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Rapman1959

Rapman1959

May 7, 2005
    Dubois PA
    I was at my daughters Hunter/Jumper competion and got this series of photos that I thought went together well as a series. What do you think? Any and all comments welcome. All shot with a D2X and 200-400mm lens.

Thanks for looking, Adolfo

Starting out

[​IMG]

Seeing the fence

[​IMG]

The jump

[​IMG]

Heading home

[​IMG]

Mom helping

[​IMG]

A moment of reflection

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very Very nice imaes.

That is one huge horse. :>)))

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    All very good and sharp. nic ejob.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    You captured the series very nicely, Adolfo. The images tell the story well. I like being able to see her face and her intensity. The last image is particularly nice showing love and pride for her horse. Job well done.

5. Great images and great story. Adolfo, you've captured your daughter's competition masterfully!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. Rapman1959

Rapman1959

May 7, 2005
    Dubois PA
    Thank you all for your kind comments. It helps when someone else looks and sees what you see.

Adolfo

7. I have always had a great deal of respect for people that are involved in the sport. They are in control of a huge animal and doing things that just don't come natural. Your daughter is to be commended. Thanks for sharing these really fine images.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That action shot, #3, The Jump, is excellent, but you show true mastery with the last one. The faded background really makes your subjects stand out. Yur daughter seems to be a very good rider, and obviously cares a great deal for her horse.

9. saturnine

saturnine Guest

I absolutely love the composition of #4. Almost like it's from an advertisement or something.

10. Rapman1959

Rapman1959

May 7, 2005
    Dubois PA
    Thanks, I'm very proud of her. She has a lot of dedication to the sport and her work is showing. In this class she took 2nd. I still missed a lot of shots that were soft. There is a pro photographer there but I did not talk with him, I did not want to intrude while he was working.

11. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    What aperture?

12. Rapman1959

Rapman1959

May 7, 2005
    Dubois PA
    They were all shot at f6.3. That gave speeds from 1/160 to 1/500 sec. I also played with FM's black and white plug in and came up the this sepia version of the last shot. What do you think?

[​IMG]

Adolfo

13. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    These are really beautiful. Love the entire series.

14. Rapman1959

Rapman1959

May 7, 2005
    Dubois PA
    Terri,
    Thanks for the kind comments. I probably took 80 shots and these few survived.

Adolfo

15. I really love the dynamic third shot. Perhaps next time you could have a pre-game talk with the horse about keeping his (her) mane from obscuring your daughter's face :)