Horse racing...........

Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,423
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
My father in law races horses, and they are shipping out tomorrow, so being fathers day my wife wanted a family day at the track. Cant remember how long it has been since I had been there (first many years of marriage spent allot of time down there. LOL) ..........anyways, first day sun came out (for about 2 hours) then back to rain. Here are a few shots.


One of the father in laws horses gave me a pose at about 30mph..........LOL
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


got to get use to that crop mode, keep cutting off everything. LOL
View attachment 10723

Father in law
View attachment 10724

At the wire
View attachment 10725



View attachment 10726

Interesting part was it took no time for security to come see me. Being I had a pass and the father in law was standing next to me, he said it was ok, but was not allowed to go down to the finish line or use flash as it may trigger the photographers flashes. Use of professional equipment not permitted and he said he wouldnt have said much but the photographer made a point to converse with me. Must have been a Canon user. LOL
All shots with the 70-200mm VR + 1.4TC
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
994
Location
Alabama
Wonderful shots of magnificent beasts Keith. The horses are pretty good too. :lol:
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,423
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #5
Re: Stupid rules

Steve S said:
Great job on these Keith. Loved em.
thanks Steve, was starting to think no one liked horses or they sucked. LOL............thanks for looking

Keith
 
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
5,963
Location
SF Bay Area, California
Keith, these shots are great. I so love seeing these trotters and pacers! It's been years since I've been to a track. As a little girl I would often accompany my father, uncle and grandfather to the track in Goshen, New York.

Virginia
aka beaucamera
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,423
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #7
mike mac said:
Great stuff love the shot down to the wire, it is stellar. Darn pro photogs makes it hard for rokkie liek us to get god access.
I hear yah, how else are we to practice. LOL.................Have to wait now for another 4 months until they are backkkkkkkkk.

thanks Mike
Keith
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,423
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #8
Morning Frank............

Flew said:
Wonderful shots of magnificent beasts Keith. The horses are pretty good too. :lol:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! good one, someone has had their coffee early this a.m!

Keith
 
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
17,633
Location
Chicago, IL
Nice images Keith. When I started looking at the images, it came to mind that photos are usually not allowed at these tracks...but your text explained it all.
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
474
Location
Mission BC, Canada
Great shots, Keith.

Love the expressions on the guys faces. :) :) Lots of detail! :)

We've had our share of rain here too lately, but nothing like you've had in Alberta the past week. Its the same system here, but we only caught the edge of it. Hopefully it will dry out there soon. We have a couple of hot days - yesterday and today - but tomorrow its back to cooler weather and showers.
 
B

Blind Observer

Guest
Great shots Keith, they reminded me of old days when I used to go to Roosevelt, Yonkers and occationally Monticello racetracks.
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,423
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #12
Hi Virginia.......

beaucamera said:
Keith, these shots are great. I so love seeing these trotters and pacers! It's been years since I've been to a track. As a little girl I would often accompany my father, uncle and grandfather to the track in Goshen, New York.

Virginia
aka beaucamera
Thanks for looking, forgot how much I enjoyed it, outdoors that is, indoors its all casino etc. LOL...................look forward to trying this again. Sure helps on working on shooting moving targets.........

Keith
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,423
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #13
Hi Frank.........

eng45ine said:
Nice images Keith. When I started looking at the images, it came to mind that photos are usually not allowed at these tracks...but your text explained it all.
LOL..........and I never gave it any thought........well best to get to know the guys, it makes for great practice!!
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,423
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #14
Good afternoon

Nikam said:
Great shots, Keith.

Love the expressions on the guys faces. :) :) Lots of detail! :)

We've had our share of rain here too lately, but nothing like you've had in Alberta the past week. Its the same system here, but we only caught the edge of it. Hopefully it will dry out there soon. We have a couple of hot days - yesterday and today - but tomorrow its back to cooler weather and showers.
Thanks Dennis and Yanni! yeah the weather has been brutal in Alberta, +28C today and back to rain for the next couple of days. Been allot worst down south of Calgary.........no drought this year!!

thanks for looking
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
978
Location
Viera Fl
Great images Keith. Beautiful horses..

Look all 4's off the ground. Great timing.

Hit the shutter and let er rip !!!!


lolol
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,423
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #16
Hi Gale........

Gale said:
Great images Keith. Beautiful horses..

Look all 4's off the ground. Great timing.

Hit the shutter and let er rip !!!!


lolol
LOL, cant say I even noticed that until you pointed it out!!!! Why havent I seen any pics with your new lens???? inquiring minds need to know. :lol:
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,423
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #18
Hi Pete

PEPPER PETE said:
All are very good Keith. I like the first and last one most.
Pete
Thanks for looking............been missing your hummer shots??? have they started showing up for you yet..........were all but done here.

take care
keith
 
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
1,198
Location
THOUSAND OAKS, CALIF.
Re: Hi Pete

Keith said:
PEPPER PETE said:
All are very good Keith. I like the first and last one most.
Pete
Thanks for looking............been missing your hummer shots??? have they started showing up for you yet..........were all but done here.

take care
keith
I've had a few hummers but not like last yr. Most of my Hummers pics. I took in July and Aug of last year. I haven't been out taking pics. in last few days but I'm gearing up. I've been thinking of posting pics. of Hummers from last season.
Pete
 
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
14,472
Location
Toronto Canada
Excellent shots, Keith. Very sharp, great colours, and you've capture the glistening of the sweat - adds to the tension of the pictures. That first one would make a great framed gift for your FIL. What did you pay the horse to get him to pose like that for ya??? LOL Great shots!
 
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom