1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Horse sequence

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by biggstr6, Aug 19, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    d2h & 70-200 tracking these horses on the final straight bfore the finish line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Very nice images =). I'm curious as I don't own any VR lenses, does it help using any of the VR modes for tracking shots?

I really like number 5, the motion on the legs and the background just bring out the other parts for being so sharp. 1/80th is quite a slow shutter, you did well to track them that closely.

3. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks ED ,
    I havent noticed that VR helps panning, it may ,but I havent noticed it,in fact sometimes I turn it off when im panning . I think it helps handholding longer exposures on stationary subjects ,but on other things , not so useful.

4. Your panning with the slow shutter speed is well done. Nice images.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.