Horses, very athletic horses

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by StL_Don, May 6, 2007.

1. I made my main posts of this shoot in the Sports category but just in case some horse lovers never venture
    into that area here's a few to entice you to come have a look... please.:smile:

original.

original.

The famous Thoroughbred race horse, Cigar
    original.

original.

original.

Thanks for looking!

If you want more check the Sports category or come to my Pbase gallery
    http://www.pbase.com/stl_don/rolex_2007

Don

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2007
  2. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Those are absolutely beautiful in both composition and technique. Numbers one and four are my favorites.

3. truly outstanding series Don. The grace and power stand out

4. A great series Don. I like them all, but #4 is unique.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Magnificent animals Don and excellent images.

6. Scott, Dave, Frank and David,
    Thanks for the nice comments.
    I had a blast at the event and was lucky to have such good access for not being credentialed.

Don

7. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Stellar work, Don!

8. Thanks!
    Sorry we couldn't have hooked up, but there's next year to look forward to.

Don

9. supermom

supermom Guest

Wow, I love these shots!!!

The 4th shot tops my list... it's uniquely great considering most loved-jumping photos are photos taken just a split second after take-off like this one...

443504942_e9cce1d5b2.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice work
    Beautiful animals

11. Thanks!

One neat thing about eventing, photo wise, is that the people often like photos with more drama which lets me get a little more adventurous.

Don

12. Well, Don, not much to say that the others haven't. I, personally, prefer Dog Agility, but that is simply because horses just flat out hate me. Not quite as much as Camels do, but horses are pretty darned close, give me a motorcyle to ride any day, at least it doesn't bite me and give me a ration of "you-know" when I want it to do something :biggrin: :biggrin:

That having been said, what I really like about these type of event shots you post is that you show more than just the "stock" images, you catch the emotion of both the horse and rider. Oh, yeah, I have never understood the funny hats and trousers, either .... nudge-nudge-:wink:-:wink:

And one last plug for Don. To those of you who have never tried to shoot an event like this, it takes a lot of patience to learn what each participant does, how they react, and to pepare to capture peak action.

Well done, Don, these are right there in the "way cool" category, even if they ARE smelly old horses .... :wink: :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink: :wink: :tongue:

13. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    nice work Don, you done good!