Horseshoe Bend

Real Name
Bill
Made the short hike out to Horseshoe Bend on our last night in Arizona. It was 106 when we left the truck and 102 when we got back to the truck in the dark.
Horseshoe Bend is a a selfie lovers delight. I counted 1 other tripod besides mine and very few dslr's or mirrorless cameras. Mostly cell phones.
Even with a 20mm in portrait orientation I still needed to stitch 3 images together to fit it all in.
The clouds looked promising but never rose enough to get a peek of the sun going down.

IMG_20210619_081021_120.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
Nice job, Bill. You can't make the light happen. The challenges of travel photography. Gonna have to go there some day.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Well done, Bill! Especially nice job of stitching the frames together. In 2012, I crawled on my belly (I do NOT like heights!) and stretched my wrists over the rocks. Of course in that position I couldn't look through the viewfinder. Walked my elbows back, checked the photo, then tried again. Looks like we used the same vantage point.....but thankfully I had the 14-24.

Real Name
Bill
Still an image to be proud of.
Thanks Allan.
Nice stitchwork. Last time I was in Page, AZ, I tried stopping by near sunset but took one look at the full parking lot and turned around.
I think the 106 temperatures kept the crowds away but it was still quite crowded in the center area.
Well done, Bill! Especially nice job of stitching the frames together. In 2012, I crawled on my belly (I do NOT like heights!) and stretched my wrists over the rocks. Of course in that position I couldn't look through the viewfinder. Walked my elbows back, checked the photo, then tried again. Looks like we used the same vantage point.....but thankfully I had the 14-24.
Thanks Karen. I was about 50ft to the right of the railings.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Thanks Allan.

I think the 106 temperatures kept the crowds away but it was still quite crowded in the center area.

Thanks Karen. I was about 50ft to the right of the railings.
NO railing when we were there. And no restrictions on the parking lot. Don't think I'll be going back.............

Real Name
Ken St John
Been there ... you captured it better!! Very nice shot.

I was scared to death at some of the stunts people and their selfie stick's were doing. But, then again, I'm not good with heights/edges!!

Ken

Real Name
Bill
Been there ... you captured it better!! Very nice shot.

I was scared to death at some of the stunts people and their selfie stick's were doing. But, then again, I'm not good with heights/edges!!

Ken
On the walk out there I was commenting to my wife about the odd outfits people were wearing for their selfies at the cliffs edge.

Very nice. Like, Karen's experience, I didn't get a photo. I was too scared of the height. There were no railings when we were there. You did much better than I did, for sure!!

Real Name
Bill
Very nice. Like, Karen's experience, I didn't get a photo. I was too scared of the height. There were no railings when we were there. You did much better than I did, for sure!!
Thanks Terri. Here's a photo my wife snapped of me and my shooting spot.

IMG_20210617_061917.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom