Horticulture Garden at Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pa, Jul 18, 2007.

1. I wanted to try out my newly acquired Nikkor 17-35 today, so I visited the Hahn Horticulture Garden at here at Virginia Tech. The only available time was 3:30 pm, so the light was less than ideal. Anyway, here are a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I will be pleased with this lens. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2007
  2. Good stuff, Jim. I especially like # 1.

3. Jim, I think you have a winner in that lens. My favorites are #1 and #4 , mainly because of the lighting and color. Just my opinion. Thanks for sharing them. It's great to see what other lenses are capable of.

4. Thanks, folks. The lens is probably out of my league, but I'll have fun trying to live up to its capabilities.

I'm going to go back and repost these at a smaller size for convenience.

5. Excellent results from my pride and joy lens! You will do well with it Jim. I will watch for more.

6. Thanks, Dave. I'm sure you'll acquire another one once things settle down for you.

7. Very nice shots! :smile: I'm sure you'll come to love this lens, that range is a fun one!

Is this garden new?? I don't remember it.

8. Thanks, Gretchen.

Actually, this garden has been there for as long as I can remember, but it has been expanded quite a bit in the last few years, thanks to generous gifts from Peggy Hahn, wife of T. Marshall Hahn. That is why it is now named for her. You may remember that Marshall Hahn was President of VT during the late '60s and early '70s, and is considered by many to be responsible for the university's growth during that period. He later became CEO of Georgia Pacific, bus is retired now and lives on his farm in Ellett Valley near Blacksburg.

9. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Great shots. I like the fish in the first shot.

10. Thanks. Here's one more featuring the goldfish. Note the humongous albino in the lower right-hand corner :

[​IMG]