1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hosta blooms...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by lanthier, Jul 31, 2008.

1. While grilling up Chicken Souvlaki tonight (anyone want the recipe, let me know, it is FANTASTIC!!! :biggrin:) , and noticed our hosta were in bloom. QUICK GRAB THE CAM! D700 with 105VR, handheld, wide open...

1/200

73108hosta1-vi.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1/160

73108hosta2-vi.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The lens' bokeh really benefits from the FX sensor. I am just thrilled with its performance...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2008
  2. Very nice Rich. I'm particularly taken with the second image.

3. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    I agree about the bokeh. When the D700 comes down in price, I'm going to get one.

A vote for picture #2 and another vote for telling us the chicken souvlaki recipe!

DAB

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Nice work Rich, I am particually fond of no2. I just hope that you quickly running off to shoot didn't over grill that chicken!

5. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Very nice Rich. Getting the new camera broken in huh....

6. Well done, Rich. I really like #1, nice bokeh! ... and where's the recipe :505:

7. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Lovely.

Any shots of the Souvlaki? I'm starving!

8. Thanks for all the nice comments, as to .the Souvlaki, sorry no pictures, and it was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Souvlaki-Gyro-Style/Detail.aspx

I cut the chicken into chunks and grill it on skewers. I marinade it all afternoon. Fabulous!

Now, back to photos... (actually I am at work today, waiting for a meeting with a student who is now 25 minutes late!).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.