Hot Air Balloons

PGB

Memorial Day weekend is the annual Alabama Jubilee at Point Mallard Park in Decatur. After many years of not attending my family and I decided to attend.

Came out with a few good ones.

23504147-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

23504148-O.jpg

23504149-O.jpg

great shots there! I love the hot air balloons, not only to photograph but to ride in. I have a a couple albums of balloons.. click on the eagle once you are there for sub album to open up

http://laryl.com/gallery/hotair
If you have never seen Yuma from the air, here's your chance :)
One awesome but aging balloon that won't fly much longer was this huge eagle.. this was the view just before it took off after we did. .well this is a rendering of it I did.
1125DSC_2409.sized.jpg

Beautiful Really great stuff with that ol' P&S camera you got there Patrick :>)))

You are just gettin to good. Now to your corner.. Make me look bad :>))

Color is fantastic. Light is wonderful.

Thanks for sharing.

Good shots Patrick. What lens did you use?
Did you stick around until dusk? When they fire the balloons up at night they glow. Looks really pretty.

Leigh and Patrick...do you guys tease each other about who has the better images? I can see a loving, respectful competition potential here.

PGB

Laryl said:
great shots there! I love the hot air balloons, not only to photograph but to ride in. I have a a couple albums of balloons.. click on the eagle once you are there for sub album to open up

http://laryl.com/gallery/hotair
If you have never seen Yuma from the air, here's your chance :)
One awesome but aging balloon that won't fly much longer was this huge eagle.. this was the view just before it took off after we did. .well this is a rendering of it I did.
1125DSC_2409.sized.jpg

I've ridden in one balloon when I was 11. I went with my mom. My father owned a radio station and co-owned a balloon for advertising purposes. We rode and crash landed into a light pole and a wooded area of trees. Cross wind got us as they opened the top and shifted us pretty bad. No injuries, accept the pilots pride. My mom was pretty shook up but at the time I thought it was pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing your gallery.

PGB

cknight said:
Good shots Patrick. What lens did you use?
Did you stick around until dusk? When they fire the balloons up at night they glow. Looks really pretty.

Chris,

Used a 28mm lens. We did stick around for the glow but the kids were getting really anxious and tired. My shots from the evening didn't come out well. I forgot my tripod and I didn't let it get dark enough.

Catz,
Patrick and Leigh...any photoprocessing on these. They are totally sharp, colorful and magical.

Thanks for sharing your balloons

Not really. Resize for web using capture. Decreased contrast some and set USM to 50, 5, 4 all in capture. Enhanced saturation. Basically everything that I read in the RR ebook and adjusted for d2x.

I found out that its really easy to use the X. The RGB histograms are awesome in my opinion. It has helped me tremendously.

Thanks,

PGB

Clivegriff said:
My 3yo grandson just loves looking at pictures of hot air balloons.

He'll be here later today and I'll enjoy showing him these.

Thanks for posting 'em.

Clive my almost 3 and almost 2 year olds absolutely had a blast. Amazed and mesmurized is a better term. We were right under them as they inflated.

My sister in law, who is 9 ran out of disks to her sony mavica so she used the D2x and did really well. Its very interesting to see the world through the eyes of a child. I'll try to post some of her pics once I get them to her to look at first.

Thanks,

PGB

eng45ine said:
Leigh and Patrick...do you guys tease each other about who has the better images? I can see a loving, respectful competition potential here.

Frank,

I don't compete well as I don't play fair. :) We have a great time taking pictures together. She likes photography a lot more than firearms so we spend a good amount of time doing this together. In fact she wins hands down in the creativity department and sees things in a completely different light than I do. That makes us a good team. I love her!

Thanks,

Latest threads

Top Bottom