Hot Air

This is where we flew last week-end - Steamboat Springs, Co.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here was what we call a Cloudhopper.

Here he is making his own version of a "Splash-'n'-Dash"

I have been fortunate enough to go up in a hot air balloon a couple of times. Such an unforgettable experience :smile: , but not for those uncomfortable with heights :eek:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don - The most amazing thing is many balloon pilots are "afraid of heights" !! The sensation of floating is totally different than a roof, tree, cliff, etc. Much as I experienced in a bi-plane last year doing acrobatics - the sensation was not what I expected at all.

Don - The most amazing thing is many balloon pilots are "afraid of heights" !! The sensation of floating is totally different than a roof, tree, cliff, etc. Much as I experienced in a bi-plane last year doing acrobatics - the sensation was not what I expected at all.
+1 here on afraid of heights. I was a friends condo in downtown Milwaukee. He is on the 9th floor so figure only 90 ft up or so. I was uncomfortable standing in his condo next to an open window that had a screen on it. If I moved 3 ft to the side where it was a solid window I was fine.

Put me in a hot air balloon and I have no problems.

PS> Nice photos Don. We have a rally here this weekend I'm looking forward to. Weather looks good all except for Friday which may get rained out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brian - We'll be heading to Riverton, Wy., for the Rendezvous Ralley during which we got weathered out all 3 days last year. This year the forecast looks much better. Hope your's is great - post pictures!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom