Critique Hot Chocolate Break

Now that I have a brand new hot chocolate maker, I plan to enjoy photographing hot chocolate as much as drinking it.

Setup
The tabletop and background are pieces of old wood. A medium continuous-light lamp was above the scene on the right side.

Focus Stacking
Five focus-bracketed images at Nikon step size 3 were stacked in Helicon Focus at default settings.

Mike 2020-12-29--0003-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was wondering when we would start seeing the reviews on the new toy.
Anxiously waiting for your input until I take the plunge.
I couldn't really tell from the website but are they good for lactose intolerant individuals?
Depending on which one you buy of course.
Oh!
And the photo looks great.

Thank you to Dave and Louie!

I was wondering when we would start seeing the reviews on the new toy.

Copied and pasted from my post in an earlier thread:
"WOW! I absolutely love this system! Most people make hot chocolate way too hot to my taste but this device automatically brings it to my ideal temperature.

The 70% chocolate is also a great starter version of their chocolate. I also have a variety pack that includes most of the flavors they sell and I look forward to trying them out over time. I'll also experiment with adding my own spices to their chocolate.

Just by coincidence, it makes the perfect amount for two servings using my ceramic mugs that are inserted into Armetale (metal) mug holders."

Also consider that the reason I have the hot chocolate maker is because Richard raved about it.

I've now tried two flavors and both are excellent: Classic 70% Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Praline Chocolate. The latter is a bit lighter.

I couldn't really tell from the website but are they good for lactose intolerant individuals?
Depending on which one you buy of course.

I don't know for sure but I think it has to do not with the flavor of chocolate but the liquid you mix with it. The website says the liquid can be dairy- or plant-based mlik, or water. Best to check that detail out carefully if lactose intolerance is an important issue.

Last edited:
Thanks, Nick!

Hope the HC is not tepid!

Not at all tepid, at least not after I warmed it up in the microwave oven.

When making the hot chocolate and not making a photo of it, I put water in the ceramic mug and warm that up in the microwave oven. I do that to warm up the mug. I then pour out the water and pour in the hot chocolate. It works like a charm!

Marvellous work, Mike!
I came upon this thanks to it being featured on the home page.

I'll just imagine it's an espresso. Better for my calorie intake :)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Now that I have a brand new hot chocolate maker, I plan to enjoy photographing hot chocolate as much as drinking it.

Setup
The tabletop and background are pieces of old wood. A medium continuous-light lamp was above the scene on the right side.

Focus Stacking
Five focus-bracketed images at Nikon step size 3 were stacked in Helicon Focus at default settings.

View attachment 1676305
Genius!
Mike, all the pictures you're showing here are marvelous. But this one is outstanding. It's absolutely worth the featuring.

All the best for 2021
Klaus

Latest threads

Top Bottom