Hot Chocolate, Cinnamon Raisin Bread and My New Mug

The stein says either beer or wine should be poured into it, but I can confirm that hot chocolate works just great. :D

Setup
The tabletop is black poster board and the background is brown poster board. A small continuous-light lamp was in the right front area and a white reflector on the left lifted the shadow tones on that side of the scene. This photo was the 10th and last pour.

Mike 2021-07-21--0001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Have you tried any of the Chilled Chocolate drinks yet?

No, I haven't and don't remember getting that email. Even so, the first problem is that I can't wrap my arms around the thought of drinking something that's really nothing other than a fancy version of chocolate milk. I'm probably wrong about it, so go ahead and try it and let me know how it works for you. :D The second problem is that when I click the website's "Shop Chilled Drinks" button, it takes me to the mixes used for making hot chocolate.

Real Name
Dan
Nicely done, Mike. That some rich looking cinnamon raisin bread. My favorite. Ten pours? That's a lot of hot chocolate to drink. Particularly in mid summer.

Thank you to Lindy, Dave and Dan!

Ten pours? That's a lot of hot chocolate to drink. Particularly in mid summer.

Ten pours = pouring the hot chocolate into the mug, returning the hot chocolate to the pouring device and repeating the process nine more times. It was a new hot chocolate for me and I had already enjoyed my weekly allotment, so I only tasted a teaspoon of it. It was good but not as good as the chocolate from Hotel Chocolat.

As for it being mid summer, coffee drinkers and hot tea drinkers enjoy their beverage on the hottest parts of the hottest days of the year. Yet people, surprisingly to me, are surprised that hot chocolate enthusiasts drink the stuff when the outside temperature is hot.

Last edited:
No, I haven't and don't remember getting that email. Even so, the first problem is that I can't wrap my arms around the thought of drinking something that's really nothing other than a fancy version of chocolate milk. I'm probably wrong about it, so go ahead and try it and let me know how it works for you. :D The second problem is that when I click the website's "Shop Chilled Drinks" button, it takes me to the mixes used for making hot chocolate.

I'm not 100% sure I would enjoy it as much as the hot chocolate which to me is very relaxing.
I will try a box on my next order.

I decided to experiment a little and made one of these this morning with the salted caramel chocolate. Actually it wasn't bad. I prefer the hot version myself even on hot days. I'll definitely keep it as an option when we have visitors over. If I do try it again I will make up some ice cubes of milk so as not to dilute it with water ice cubes. Hopefully I can find an old ice cube tray around the house. I wonder if that Hammacher Schlemmer ice cube maker will make them out of milk?

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom