1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hotel High School

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Faceman, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Faceman

Faceman

Aug 19, 2006
    LI, NY
    bwp_lamp_phone.

bwp_employ_only.

bwp_sonia.

bwp_alph_soup.

bwp_mildew_dip.

bwp_says_who.

bwp_dial_o.

bwp_6ft_corner.

bwp_2ft_of_mold.

bwp_450p.

bwp_liss_print.

bwp_it_was_like_that.

bwp_nice_catch.

bwp_twins.

Lonely Chair + Empty Hallway = Cliche x2
    bwp_reverse_lonely_chair_with_empty_hallway.

bwp_breakfast.

bwp_stress_sheet.

bwp_more_keys.

bwp_tick_barrel.

bwp_pool_pass.

bwp_hl2_pool.

bwp_red_4.

bwp_mini_pool.

bwp_dial_o_outside.

bwp_ladder_sunk.

ohs_must.

ohs_stadium.

ohs_awaiting_pick_up.

LCC
    ohs_lcc.

ohs_tags.

ohs_pondering_computer.

38 @ link - http://www.cleanandquiet.com/ex/bwp/

Besides walking away with some photos and fond memories, roughly 10 ticks decided to make my body their home. I'm a gracious host but they didn't get the hint to leave. Once the matches and tweezers came out they still didn't get the hint. Now 30 days of 60 pills awaits.

tick_01.

tick_02.

tick_03.

2. great set!!! Very cool find! Where is this located? and what exactly was this place?

3. interesting thread
    love the shots
    fascinating place

bad news on the ticks

4. Very creative images!

5. Faceman

Faceman

Aug 19, 2006
    LI, NY
    Catskill Mountains in NY. It was a resort for travelers which is now left to rot like many others in the region. Just recently they started tearing some of them down. We went to check on another one (which was 8 stories tall) but it was taken down. Nothing left. Not even rubble. Very disappointing.

6. I really like this set of images.

Kinda "spooky", like a B horror movie set. And then again, I can almost see the guests in the swimming pool.

Was this a place like in the movie "Dirty Dancing" where families from New York would spend a few weeks during the summer?

Thanks for sharing!

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Wow you caught some great shots. Can you take any of that stuff. I would take the black board and make that a great senior background. The things you can do with that. Send it to me if you don't want it.

8. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    eh, I've stayed in worse.
    :tongue:

Great shots. I love banging around abandoned places like that. There don't seem to be that many interesting places around here anymore - property is too valuable! Stuff is demolished as soon as it's vacated if it's not going to be used as-is.

9. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    AWESOME! I love this kind of story telling. It is dark and drab, lonely and forgotten. I must have been sitting here looking over these for the last half hour.

I sit here wondering what made the people that owned this leave it like it is. What were their last thoughts as the drove away, what do others think as they stumble upon this? How many happy times were there here, bad days, wishing to be elsewhere? Very deep and provocative IMHO. Reminds me of that Steven King short story from Everythings Eventual ""All That You Love Will Be Carried Away"

10. Nice set, pretty spooky

11. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    It does appear as if someone is collecting the copper out of the area, as there is a bucket of copper pipes and the copper wiring is missing in the call box.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.