Hotrod Station Wagon

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Steve S, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Shot these this evening with D2X/70-200VR.
    original.
    Model NIKON D2X
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 90 mm
    Exposure Time 1/350 sec
    Aperture f/2.8
    ISO Equivalent 200
    Exposure Bias -1/3
    White Balance (4)
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program aperture priority

original.
    Model NIKON D2X
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 70 mm
    Exposure Time 1/160 sec
    Aperture f/3.5
    ISO Equivalent 200
    Exposure Bias -1/3
    White Balance (4)
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program aperture priority

2. That is sweeeeeet!! That wagon with the dual exhaust probably has some muscle. :D :D :D :D

3. Beautiful!

Makes me long for those days of my TT Roadster.

Gotta love those Audi lines.

_/oe

4. That is one fine looking Audi and your presentation of it is excellent.

5. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Steve

Can you explain why this beautiful(expensive) car is called a Hot Rod.I thought that term is used for tuned racing cars

Did you buy it to cruise in Florida? :D :D

6. Oh, yes ... 4litre V8 engine doing 0 to 60mph in a shade under 6 seconds...

Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooool :D

I had an A4 1.8 turbo quattro for a couple of years before I emigrated. That car was just a joy to drive - and it used to freak out passengers when I could safely talk corners at speeds they just couldn't even consider.

Good shots of a wonderful vehicle.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks guys, and Hans, "hotrod " is a generic term

It's used for all sorts of descriptions of anything that's been modded nowaways. To me, this car definitely IS a hotrod. This car started out as a pretty nice, 2005.5 six-speed, 344 hp, 4.2 liter V8, but after installing what is known as a Milltek "Fullback" (complete manifold back, "resonated") Exhaust system, including "200 cell" race cats, and a Hyperflow Cold Air Intake, it's making closer around 369 hp now. Not bad for a grocery getter/soccer dad car ;) Also added a set of relatively inexpensice ASA wheels, a set of Ultimate Pedals, to facilitate Heel-Toe shifting, and a Hypershift Short Shift Kit for a 40% throw reduction. Now, it's the perfect "hotrod" station wagon.
    And ya, it's going with me to Fla. I have just 2 obsessions in this life, Hans, both pretty expensive... one of them is photography ;)
    original.

8. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Excellent shots Steve. I love S4s, but will settle for an A6 (after I get a new camera, more glass, etc, etc, etc.)

Neil

9. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Steve

Over here in the EU the max. speed is reduced t0 250km/h approx.170m/h it's done with all the very fast cars Audi BMWMerc etc
    the Italian ones NOT Is yours also?

As the speed limit over there in the US allows you almost to pick flowers during driving is that magnificant horse power only to accellarate ?

Don't get me wrong I love what you did to it,take it to Germany there it is allowed to drive as fast as you want on the highway!!!!!!!

10. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Neil

Is that the station A6? WOW

11. It's the S4 Avant - the race version of the A4 avant (aka estate or station wagon depending on country)

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hans, I did the exhaust for the sound, more than hp

I really don't drive at unsafe speeds, but do love the sound of a well tuned engine, esp if it's got a V8 ;) Good acceleration power & passing power is important to me, but not top end speed. That's where you can get into a lot of trouble, and put others' lives in danger. I understand Euro & Asian manufacturers limit their cars' top speed to 155 these days. That's way too fast for me here in the US. Those kinds of high speeds are for the track, or on very rare occasions, an empty superhighway in the daytime only. btw, a lot of ppl do track this car.

PS Hans, I consider myself a very alert, very situationally aware driver. I haven't been in an accident in my last 30 yrs of driving, all of which I've had very fast cars :) Maybe it's because they're always so loud? ;) naaa