1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

House Finch

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jeff1, May 18, 2019.

1. Jeff1

Jeff1

Mar 26, 2017
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff
    I'm seeing a lot of these lately. They're sure noisy little things. Jeff
    HOUSE FINCH10 (1 of 1).jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nicely shot and framed.

3. Jeff1

Jeff1

Mar 26, 2017
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff
    Thank you.

4. Sweet colors on that bird!

5. Nice colors and detail. The green in the BG is awesome and the arching branches aren't a bother. Some may even argue that they frame the subject. But I do find the one bright OOF branch to be really distracting. It's in the right side of frame and is almost pointing at the birds head.

6. Jeff1

Jeff1

Mar 26, 2017
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff
    I agree about the OOF branch. I’m not good enough at PP to remove it in LR which is what I use. Jeff

7. Yeah, now that you draw my attention to it, it's awkward, but I still like the framing.

8. Replytoken

Replytoken

Jan 12, 2018
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Yes, it is that time of year and they are out in full force down here auditioning their songs for a mate. One year we had a guy that started before the sun came up and did not stop until after it set. I hope he attracted the mate of a lifetime, because he certainly worked for it! Could be worse, you could be serenaded by Stellar Jays!

--Ken

9. Not sure that would be a serenade. Verbal assault maybe :eek: 

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Replytoken

Replytoken

Jan 12, 2018
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Such a shame as they are such beautiful birds. I guess you can't have everything.

--Ken

11. Jeff1

Jeff1

Mar 26, 2017
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff
    Thanks everyone. I'm glad they're not Stellar Jays too!

12. beautiful

13. Pretty redhead

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.