House Fire

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by EdMac, May 5, 2005.

1. I went out on this house fire at about 5:30 this morning, and I though that I would share a couple of pictures. This was an abandoned property, and the source of the fire is suspicious.
    Comments welcome as always.

[​IMG]

Our Towerladder in action

[​IMG]

2. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Great shots, the first one is superb! What settings were sued, lens flash etc?

Thanks for sharing!

3. Settings

Hi,
    I used the sb80DX set on DTTL. For most of the shots, the D100 was set to P mode. Usually, I stay pretty conservative on these shots, because you don't get a second chance. Most of the time, I pay attention to the histogram and use exposure compensation. If there are a lot of reflective surfaces and bright lights, I switch to spot metering. These were shot in RAW. :D

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Ed,

Especially the first one. Spot on , on that one.

Good job.

Sorry some AH thought tey should start a fire. Not a good thing.

Thanks for sharing. I love your fire shots.

well I love all your images.

5. Fire Pictures

Hi Gale,

Thanks for your nice words. Between birds and fires, I have been keeping busy lol. :D

6. Nice shots! I believe a D2X would have helped to the extent where you could have cropped much closer without losing resolution (what camera was used, by the way?)

7. Camera

Hi,
    Thanks for your comments. These were taken with the D100 using the 28-105mm Nikon lens set at 28 mm. I was not trying to crop, since I was after the overall scene. I am the photographer for the fire company, and my purpose is to document the fire scene. I am sure that the D2X would have given me mch better resolution, but that is going to have to wait until my finances improve. Thanks again.:D